Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **UPDATED 2/10** Weekend Volunteers Needed for HPR!

Senior Member Expert
    Bringing my EU 2000 personal generator along with my extension cord and 3/8" drill. The radio too! CU Saturday

Senior Member Expert
    Just confirming Saturday AM (11/22) bright and early, should be a bit brisk, probably be wearing my ski gear!

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll be rollin in with Vinny this Sunday (11/23)

I'll bring beer too unless there are objections!
    Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

Kip "Hollywood" Book
    Track Marshal 2008
    Head Corner Marshal - '05, '06, '07
    MotoGP Laguna Seca - '05 (Corner Worker), '06, '07, '08, '09 (NMP Medic)
    Lovin' the Corner Marshal gig since '98!

Cornermarshal@yahoo.com

Senior Member Amateur
    I have to back out of Dec 6, since I have to work. Having helped last weekend, I know there's plenty to do so I'll just show up a few more times, likely this Saturday if that works.

Ted said about 10,000 more tires were coming so come on out guys and let's get this done before the weather turns bad.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert

I'd love to help

Glenn,
    I don't have my boys on 11/29 and can be there to help. I wrote and offered to supply the hardware and arrange that an ample supply be available for these bolting parties in order to assure that last Saturdays dilemma is avoided. Can we confirm that this is handled or should I take care of this? I haven't heard hide or hair back.
    To anyone reading and just to let you know. Corded tools are better than cordless and the added torque really hepls speed things up. I bring my Honda EU 2000, a extension cord and a radio. Hoping to hear back and get caught up

Senior Member Expert
    Jon,

Ted assures us that he has made arrangements so that we will not run out of any hardware again, he was pretty embarrassed about that.

Everyone - we need more people each weekend to get this done, please get involved with your new track!
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    what is sunday looking like? I think i can get out there then
    mike

Senior Member Expert
    Weather for Byers is high wind 15-25 MPH high of 45, low of 23

Senior Member Expert
    Sundays highs 46 low of 28 mostly cloudy. Good thing is that on a 10% chance of precipitation both Sat and Sunday.

President Expert
    Jim Brewer, Alex Kuretz and myself were there this morning. They ran out of hardware about 10:30am. Alex was able to do some hot laps on his bicycle, though. 8)
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    will they have hardware for tomorrow?

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by hcr25
    will they have hardware for tomorrow?
    i dont believe they will have more hardware by tomorrow but maybe Glenn can confirm that. they also said they were not planning on coming out tomorrow since no one had signed up. they did say they were very receptive to doing Sundays since there was some interest from the MRA.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I got an email from Ted Winning today and no work Sunday. No hardware left. He said there will be no more hardware problems after he secures the next bunch of hardware this week. Another work weekend with plenty to do Fri to Sun, Dec 5-7. Fri is unloading and Sat-Sun is bolting.
    Tom
    MRA #416

President Expert
    HPR Tire Bundling Bulletin Board - http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Jim Brewer, Alex Kuretz and myself were there this morning. They ran out of hardware about 10:30am. Alex was able to do some hot laps on his bicycle, though. 8)
    That was my first visit to the track, what an awesome layout! I had fun biking it even though the wind was freezing me and the snow flurries stung my eyes. Those uphill sections are a nice workout, we'll need to keep the momentum up going into them, especially on the lightweight bikes. It was disappointing to not get more done, but hopefully the hardware issue is resolved and I'll try to make it down for another day in a few weeks.

Senior Member Amateur
    Thought I'd go out Friday (12/5) and toss a few hundred tires around. Anyone want to carpool ??? :idea:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    HPR Tire Bundling Bulletin Board - http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/
    Definitely hit up that forum for more info. Ted Winning (the tire coordinator) is trying to do most communication, sign up, etc. there.

I asked him if he could post progress on the tire walls - he said he'd try. When UglyDog, Alex, and I were there, he mentioned something in the single digit percentage .. :-(. Lots of work to do!

Senior Member Amateur
    Yeah, I've been using that web site.

We unloaded a truck yesterday, bundled a bunch of tires, and filled in the wall outside T3. There were about a dozen of us playing in the snow.

Ted said the completion statistics would be a little grim. He's received 5000 tires with another 8000 to come yet. Deliveries will continue into Feb. He definitely needs more volunteers.

Senior Member Expert
    From what I read, if he would quit running out of hardware he could get more done.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    From what I read, if he would quit running out of hardware he could get more done.
    Chris:

That was not a problem yesterday. Looks like he's got tons of hardware now. We worked from 8:30 to 3:30 with no hitches.

What he needs now are warm bodies.

Mark

Senior Member Expert
    See first post updated 12/17!! 8)
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Member Amateur
    Hey Glen, Just an FYI . . .

I'll help out on Sunday, 12-28-08.

If anyone needs a ride, call me at 970-405-8718 by Saturday, 12-27-08.

I will go to the web site and sign up there.
    Vinny, Vince or Crash Cart Guy
    '05-'10 Equip Mgr
    MRA #550
    A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.- John Barrymore , U.S. Actor

Senior Member Expert
    Just a heads up that Volunteers are still needed to keep the tire project going. The weather is supposed to be pretty decent this weekend - mid to upper 40's and sunny. We are just over halfway done with the tire bolting which is simply AWESOME, but it also means there is still a fair amount of work to do. Volunteers are dwindling and a big push from the MRA this weekend would be terrific.

Please remember that you can get the latest information about the project and "sign up" if you want to here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/directory
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    Please see updated first post
    The GECCO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12