Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **UPDATED 2/10** Weekend Volunteers Needed for HPR!

Senior Member Expert

**UPDATED 2/10** Weekend Volunteers Needed for HPR!

***EDIT 2/10 There is a big push by organizer Ted Winning to get this project completed by the end of February. The last of the tires and all the necessary hardware are ON SITE so all that's left is to get them bolted together. This is a very reasonable goal, we just need a few bodies out there to donate some time. For the most part they are working Friday, Saturday and Sunday every weekend. You can see more info on the chat forums here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com and there is a calendar here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/calendar Lunch and water are provided for all workers. PLEASE lend a hand to help YOUR track meet it's goals!! THANK YOU!!

***EDIT 12/17 There is now a chat forums specifically dedicated to organizing labor out at the track to assemble tire walls. Please check out http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/ and get signed up to help!

As of December 10th we have only completed about 12% of the amount of assembled tires that will be necessary to open the facility. PLEASE HELP!! Lunches are being provided!

***EDIT 11/18 We now have all the hardware necessary for bolting tires together so it's time to get cracking on that. From now on the tire deliveries WILL happen on Fridays at 9am, anyone who can help with those would be greatly appreciated. HOWEVER, the backbone of this whole effort will be getting bodies out there to bolt tires together. We need as many people as we can for the next several weekends.

The tire bolting work will be going on both Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 9am and going until everyone is ready to quit. Let me know when you can help out!

Please bring:
    Hat, gloves, snacks, drinks and your best racing lies

Also, if you have a 3/8" electric drill (even better if it's one of the 90 degree angle drills), bring it along. Rechargeable is fine, or bring an extension cord, there will be a generator on site.

***EDIT 11/12 Starting next week the delivery trucks will be arriving on Fridays instead of Saturdays so the Saturday unloading help will not be needed. HOWEVER, by that time we should have all the hardware on site to begin bolting the tires together so we can do that on Saturdays and Sundays. I will leave the schedule as-is for now and once I know more about what days/hours they will be doing the bolting I will let everyone know and start getting more people lined up.

Over the next couple months we will be receiving truckloads of tires for tire walls at HPR. These are brand new "blem" tires, so even though they are tires it's not terribly nasty work (as it would be if they were all used :shock: ) A truckload will arrive each Saturday at approximately 9:00am and the tires need to be unloaded and sorted/stacked. Once we have most of the tires there and have amassed the hardware to bolt them together we will also begin assembling them.

Right now each of the 5 clubs needs to send 2-3 people out each Saturday to unload/sort. Last Saturday it took less than 2 hours to empty the truck and sort the tires which is all that needs to happen right now. However, soon I will need to get people together for the tire-bolting parties. More on that later.

SCCA member Ted Winning has been put in charge of this whole thing and will be on site to direct the action, all he needs is the labor. So, I need 2-3 people for each of the following Saturdays:

11/8 - Jon Kuo, Jim Pantera
    11/15 - Brownie, Ara, Casey Dragos
    11/22 - Mark Bohn, Peter Emsley, Tom Lily, Jon Glaefke
    11/23 - Vinnie, Kip, Joe Smith
    11/29 - Jim Brewer, Jim Wilson, Alex Kuretz, Chris Dale
    11/30
    12/6 - Tom Lilly
    12/7
    12/13
    12/14
    12/20 - Jeff Winter
    12/21
    12/27
    12/28

Please reply here if you can help out and I will populate the list. Remember that this is OUR track and we, the members, need to work together to make a Spring opening a reality so please step up and help!!
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    I can help this Saturday 11/8
    Jon #80
    2011Sponsors: ABATE, All Pro Science, Armour Bodies, Aurora Honda, LeoVince Exhaust, Renthal, Un!nk Printworks, Woodcraft, XBam

Senior Member Expert
    I will be in Salt Lake this weekend, but I can definitely do the 15th. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

happy to help, count me in for the 15th as well

Ara

Senior Member Amateur
    Put me down for 12/20 or 12/27.

Jeff

Senior Member Amateur
    You make it a sunday, Ill be in to help. Gotta sling bikes on Saturdays. Sorry. I still havnt even seen the track.
    thats two hundred forty Dollahs, worth ah Puddin!!
    MRA #164 - Kawasaki 6r
    Colorado Powersports Sales team
    http://4horsemenracing.net/2007/images/CoPowLogo.jpg
    Wired Energy Drinks

Senior Member Amateur
    Why do we need WALLS ?

Don't we know WALLS are dangerous ?
    Mark E Mark
    MRA NOT current New Rider Director

A couple of MRA number 1 plates on the wall

http://i37.tinypic.com/v60p5c.jpg

Senior Member Expert
    Yup, but they will be needed to keep vehicles A) out of the riverbed on the west side of the track, B) as a barrier to keep vehicles that may leave one part of the track from having any chance of crossing another part of the track and C) to line the outside of the corner worker stations.

We are still working on the run-off areas in a few places, we knew that no matter what was visualized and drawn a lot of the final product would be created by simply standing on the track and looking at the turns.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur

11/22

Peter Emsley and I will be there on 11/22.

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks, everyone, keep em coming!
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    Put me on the list for this Saturday, 11/15.
    Casey D

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    I can do 11/29. I'll need to work off the turkey dinner!

President Expert
    I'll come out on 11/29 to make sure Jim Brewer doesn't pass out from overexerting himself after eating all that turkey.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    I can do 11/29 also. Jim, wanna carpool?

Senior Member Expert

Re: Weekend Volunteers Needed for HPR!

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO

Woo Hoo!!!................ Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to the tit we go!!........... 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO

Woo Hoo!!!................ Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to the tit we go!!........... 8)
    Racings about being prepared. finding the tit in Byers now, means were just one step ahead :wink:

Senior Member Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Slider

Racings about being prepared. finding the tit in Byers now, means were just one step ahead :wink:
    "Being prepared"............

That's why I am thinking about starting me up a mobile Tit............. I'm gonna call it "Pole Position!" :lol: 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277

Senior Member Expert
    If there isn't a max, please put me down for the 11/29 as well! I should have recovered from the tryptophan coma by then.

Senior Member Amateur
    Glen- I can do 12/6. Jon G- join me?

Tom Lilly
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Expert
    Bump

More volunteers needed, now on Sundays too!!
    The GECCO

Senior Member Amateur
    Put me down for this Sat, 11/22. I'll have to roll out by 3pm. I'll have a cordless w/ 2 batteries and a charger. Keep me on for 12/6, too.

Tom Lilly
    Tom
    MRA #416

Member Amateur
    Hey Glenn,

I can do Sunday, 11.23.08 - I can also give anyone a ride/carpool, they just need to contact me via cell or PM.

I'll bring a drill and extension cord.

Vince
    Vinny, Vince or Crash Cart Guy
    '05-'10 Equip Mgr
    MRA #550
    A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.- John Barrymore , U.S. Actor

Member Amateur
    Hey Glenn,

I can do Sunday, 11.23.08 - I can also give anyone a ride/carpool, they just need to contact me via cell or PM.

I'll bring a drill and extension cord.

Vince
    Vinny, Vince or Crash Cart Guy
    '05-'10 Equip Mgr
    MRA #550
    A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.- John Barrymore , U.S. Actor

Senior Member Expert
    Glenn,
    I can be there early Saturday 11/22 with tools to help bolt tires together. Let me know if you still need me and if I need to bring anything besides my smiling face. thanks, Jon

Senior Member Expert
    Jon, there is no limit to the number of people needed each day since there is now plenty to do besides just unload a truck. I'll put you down for the 22nd, please bring your drill and extension cord. If you have a small generator that may not hurt as well, you can never have too much juice!
    The GECCO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast