Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 race schedule

Senior Member Amateur

2009 race schedule

The double header at MPH is listed as 5/23 and 24. Shouldn't 5/25 be included?

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=7613

Senior Member Expert
    For consistencies sake I just listed the relevant weekend, but I'll edit it
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    and glenn I want my sandwich without mayo please!

Senior Member Expert
    Are we still gonna run the same races on the same days like this past season? Like most novice races on sat.?

Senior Member Expert
    i hope novice is moved to sun.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cromer611
    i hope novice is moved to sun.
    Dude me too. Being on a 1000 leaves me with no choices for classes on sunday.

I already asked my boss for the race saturdays off and there is no way thats happening.

I think they should move them to sundays for the fact that almost everybody has sundays off.

AMO is on sunday!!!!!! I like it the way it is....well maybe AMO could be a little ealier in the day...
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by loujr
    AMO is on sunday!!!!!! I like it the way it is....well maybe AMO could be a little ealier in the day...
    nov and am classes on sunday *wink*

Senior Member Expert
    I like the current format, it spreads the classes out better. Keep it the way it is.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethHomes.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech

I like having the two day format the way it is....gives me an excuse to be away the whole weekend...not just one day!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cromer611
    Quote Originally Posted by loujr
    nov and am classes on sunday *wink*

+1 million :wink:

Member Amateur
    Agreeing with Grubbs on this one as well.... No way i can get saturdays off, Nov and Am on Sundays!!!
    Dont look behind you.....
    Sponsors: Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles, Leo Vince Exhaust, Bel-Ray

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Rather unlikely that we'll change the schedule for 2009. It was well received by MOST - and we need to try to get some consistency from one year to the next.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Well thats a bummer... from my understanding. Almost all the classes on Sunday are expert classes. I am pretty limited as to riding a 1000 and wouldnt be able to race in those classes till I finish top ten in novice.

If this is the case Im pretty much screwed for racing then..

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by racedk6
    Well thats a bummer... from my understanding. Almost all the classes on Sunday are expert classes. I am pretty limited as to riding a 1000 and wouldnt be able to race in those classes till I finish top ten in novice.

talk to Mark S (new rider director)

dingle

Amateur GTO runs on Sunday too, as does Sportsman. There's two classes right there. Depending on what year the 1000 is, it could also become eligible for Modern Vintage GTO.

Also, you need only run 3 race weekends to petition to move up to Expert. If you are safe, skilled, and at least reasonably quick - the new rider director can move you up mid season and then you'd have lots of other choices.

The Top Ten in Novice rule is that you MUST move up to Expert if you finish in the top ten. Nothing says you can't move up sooner if you want.

Also, now that the race schedule is public - could you not request at least a few of those saturday's off?

Don't give up just yet... there's way too much fun to be had out there.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert

As a Novice on a liter bike, you are limited to AmGTO for sunday.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5398
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Even if I switched to a 600 it looks like Im only gonna be able to do 2 classes on sunday

Even if I switched to a 600 it looks like Im only gonna be able to do 2 classes on sunday
    you could always get a 125 :lol: you could run amo, amu, twin u, if 99 and older mvgtu, and colorado class
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Amateur GTO runs on Sunday too, as does Sportsman. There's two classes right there. Depending on what year the 1000 is, it could also become eligible for Modern Vintage GTO.

Also, you need only run 3 race weekends to petition to move up to Expert. If you are safe, skilled, and at least reasonably quick - the new rider director can move you up mid season and then you'd have lots of other choices.

The Top Ten in Novice rule is that you MUST move up to Expert if you finish in the top ten. Nothing says you can't move up sooner if you want.

Also, now that the race schedule is public - could you not request at least a few of those saturday's off?

Don't give up just yet... there's way too much fun to be had out there.
    I appreciate the effort but yeah I pretty much got shut down on getting the days off even if I tried putting them in as vacation time. Its busy season so Im screwed.

There is no way I am going to go down just for one race on sunday unless I can show up at lunch and not do the riders meeting which we know wont happen.

I cant run sportsman because my lap times are faster then whats required.

If you do it at the first three races, and you ride decent, you could move up to Expert and then run several classes on Sunday.

Race #1 at Pueblo - suck it up and run AMO and Sportsman. If you're too fast for Sportsman, they'll just disqualify you after the race. So what? - at least you got some track time.

Also, race #2 & 3 is a double-header at MPH in Hastings. You could come out after work on Saturday night - run AMO and NOV O on Sunday, then AMO again on Monday.

Petition to move to Expert after race #3 and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

Easy, see.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    If you do it at the first three races, and you ride decent, you could move up to Expert and then run several classes on Sunday.

Race #1 at Pueblo - suck it up and run AMO and Sportsman. If you're too fast for Sportsman, they'll just disqualify you after the race. So what? - at least you got some track time.

Also, race #2 & 3 is a double-header at MPH in Hastings. You could come out after work on Saturday night - run AMO and NOV O on Sunday, then AMO again on Monday.

Petition to move to Expert after race #3 and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

Easy, see.
    The almighty EFFEN VP has spoke. And that is exactly what I did my first year. Come on down for a couple sundays and ask mark to watch you, then if you make the grade ( ain't hard, :roll: hell I did it) then move up and enter all the races you want except RORO. I hope your bike is SS legal, that opens up 3 races for you, maybe 4 if its old enough.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Member Amateur
    I understand that the schedule is already made but it would be nice to see if we could possibly take a vote about this.. I know of at least 6 people who work in a dealership or other jobs that dont allow them to have saturdays off and only sunday. I am one of those people and wish i would be able to do nov but if there was already a vote i apologize for this post.
    Dont look behind you.....
    Sponsors: Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles, Leo Vince Exhaust, Bel-Ray

Senior Member Expert
    Jen Jen "Wollett" Grosse
    MRA Secretary 08'-Current
    720-885-5349
    MRAJenJen@gmail.com

Senior Member Expert
    We'll see what I can work out I actually wanted to try and gather points through out the year in Nov and AmO. and get a good years worth of racing before I jumped into the expert class.

But making the event out in hastings is going to be a BIG if...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast