Thread: Pics from PPIR

Member Amateur

Pics from PPIR

A couple of introductions - I’m Peter, and I did my first track day at aged 40. At 41, I took the MRA class this fall, and intend to race next year for the first time at 42. I’ve attended quite a lot of the races this year, and have got to know a few of you. My 9 year old son, Jack, comes to the races too, and thoroughly enjoys the action and atmosphere. He is a very keen photographer - as a kid of the digital age, he really isn’t afraid to push the button! He definitely has some skill - he can pan and get a moving bike in the frame. He took over 200 pics at PPIR on Sunday, and he would like to use them to help Aaron if possible.

Jacks words:

My name is jack Emsley. I am 9 years old. I’ve been taking pictures of the races throughout the season. My dad has been taking me to races and I have been using his camera to take about 1,000 pictures through the season.
    I took these pictures the races at Pikes Peak International raceway (PPIR) this weekend. There are 221 in all! The high resolution versions are available for $1 each, and the disk of all of the pictures is $5. All proceeds to support the Aaron Clark fund. Aaron was badly hurt when practicing for the races, and I want to help him get better. Please take our offer to help Aaron. I hope you help the cause.

Please have a browse through them on photobucket –There are some nice pictures there, and I think he probably captured some end of season battles quite well. If you are interested in any of the images, we'd love to see them used for a good cause. Please donate $1 per pic or $5 for all to the Clark fund through PayPal (see http://www.getwellclarkie.com/) , and forward your receipt email to peter@emsley.org , along with the image numbers you want. We will email your chosen image(s), or put a disk in the mail if its too much for email. If you are interested in a disk, and are going to Brothers for MotoGP on Sunday, we can bring it there , to save some hassle and postage.

Regards,
    Peter Emsley.

Pics are at:

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...12%20-%20full/

previews:

Senior Member Amateur
    Wow. 9? Someone get that kid an infield photo pass! Great pics and great cause. Thanks for doing that.
    Tom
    MRA #416

Senior Member Amateur
    Peter --

It was a shame that I didn't get to race this past weekend due to the wrist injury, but it was a blast getting to watch some races with you and Jack.

He really is a great kid and def has a keen camera eye.

Hope to see you guys Sunday at Bros for MotoGP and can't wait to grid up with you next year --

-- David # 178

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mob
    Peter --

It was a shame that I didn't get to race this past weekend due to the wrist injury, but it was a blast getting to watch some races with you and Jack.

He really is a great kid and def has a keen camera eye.

Hope to see you guys Sunday at Bros for MotoGP and can't wait to grid up with you next year --

-- David # 178
    Good hanging out with you too. An excellent day at the races for sure. We will be at Brothers on sunday, and probably at High Plains before for a bike ride! I wanna be the first to wheelie the start/finish line, even if it is on my trusty schwinn :lol: