Quote Originally Posted by TRK
why 673CC
677, however am now tempted to write another suggestion and suggest 650cc.

Two reasons for the 677:

677 is a 2mm overbore in an SV and has been proven to be more reliable. If you want a middleweight bike, buy a Ducati and race with the other 1 bike in SuperTwins U. 3mm (693) means rods in addition to everything else, and the gasket sealing area is so small there is always some sorta issue with the headgaskets at that size. It can be made to work; it is just disproportionately more work.

EX650s can not (as easily I am told) go as big as the SVs. This attempts to provide more than a single competitive bike for the class and allows there to be an actual race for manufacturer contingency $ instead of the normal blow out. (Yes; there is $$ available racing new lightweight twins!)

And, since most people out there refuse to read what I actually write, I will help spell out something yet again this suggestion period: I have nothing against the Ducati 748/749 line of motorcycles and fully believe they are within the same performance index of a good SV650. If anything, a built SV is somewhat better than a non-R 748.

The 748R/S and the 749R are the bikes that should not be out there in "U" type classes, but since people can't seem to tell the difference between the two, I am going to make blanket suggestions that target everything over 700cc to make it easier.

:roll: