Quote Originally Posted by polar x
Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
lappers are part of the game, and i think it is a bad idea to pull people from the race. As one of the 'fast guys' I have never had a problem with any lappers riding out of control, usually everyone is just out there doing their own thing and riding in control, well except for that Jim Brewer guy, he is a pain in the ass

If you start restricting who can enter (or finish) the ROR races you will have less people enter and the grids will shrink. Racers get faster by following faster racers, so if people want to pay to enter ROR (remember the club needs all the money it can get right now) let them race.
Though I agree with most of your post, the fact remains that if you are getting lapped within the first half of the race by the top 8-10 guys then you probably are not going to learn much from the faster guys. There comes a point where the closure speeds are so drastic that it does become a safety issue. Atleast in my eye. But I don't have that much experience so I might be acting like a big wuss.

I'll try to keep this short as i don't think this thread is the place for the debate but only rule change suggestions:

this rule proposed by jim about being within 115% of the lap record was something I had cooking up in my mind as well, but my suggestion was going to have a few more teeth, I actually wanted to submit a rule that said if your practice lap time or race times were'nt within 108% of the lap record your were done.

Well today the light bulb came on and I realized that my rule and jims rule can come back and bite us in the ass, here's how:

Average joe racer is at pueblo and he blows a rod out the side of his 198 hp superbike gsxr 1000 with a 8mm stroker crank and titanium rods, 18mm lift cams with this really sick cam timing 85/98, 36mm intake valves, special kit crank with no markings and there's just titanium parts scattered all the way from turn 1 brake marker 1 to turn 2 entrance.... and he's in the points chase for 7th or something like that.

after sobbing like a 16 year old girl on prom night he borrows a gsxr 750 from someone and it's a 2001 crapped out turd that barely makes 112 hp....

anyways i've digressed, you see what Im saying. you get a average joe racer who's within 2 seconds of the bubble but still fast enough to be in it and then he's screwed becuse he can't ride someone elses bike for darn. that's were this rule could bite some veterans in the behind, because there's been a lot of bike borrowing this year.

I suggest that we put the new rider director in charge of more closely monitoring the progress of "expert" riders and maybe coaching them and or helping them with their decisions as to whether or not they should be riding in the big class.

I personnally think the line has to be drawn somewhere, I mean you can't enter an ama race unless you can show your within a reasonable amount of time from the leaders, they do it for reason.

and coonshead is right, you learn nothing by riding with fast riders when they are gone within one turn of passing you.