Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: effen cheatin suzukis!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    I don't think things are all in good fun. Yes, I give that appearance whenever possible because that is my personality and I try to be the voice of reason when everyone else is losing their minds. I realize this is serious, and that the situation could have been handled differently - but it wasn't and I don't think 7 pages of bitching in cyberspace is going to fix it. Altering the rule book so this doesn't happen again is going to fix it.

I'm not angry, I'm discouraged - but I'll have my breast feathers plucked tonight just to be certain they don't have the appearance of being ruffled in the future.

I agree with you that no one will change any ones mind by this discussion, that much is clear, its unfortunate that a few people will have a few less “smiles in the pits” coming their way, but in the end became a means to an end, resulting in 3 rules change threads to discuss how we as a club can fix it going forward. It was passionately felt that change in our rule book and how we as a club go about enforcing those rules was needed, and it appears that those 1st steps are being taken toward resolving those issues. We have never felt it was Us vs the MRA board, and I feel bad that it was not better communicated in the opposite direction, but rest assured that is most definitely NOT the case ! None the less accept my apologies if there was ever a mis-understanding of “us vs them”. We had a long talk yesterday and, as you have stated, came to the conclusion, to stop pistol whipping the dead horse and move on. We are eager to see the changes in the rule book for next season, and look forward to having a great ending to this season.

See ya at the races

Member Novice

now that the hijack situation has ended...

Quote Originally Posted by benfoxmra95
    look at what those cheating suzuki's used to do back in the 750cc, superbike days...

Clark shuold know what's wrong with this picture:

For us not so engine learnt folks, what is wrong with this pic?

glenngsxr
    From what it looks like to me, the starter gears and starter are gone and maybe some machine work on that crank. Am I wrong? Glenn #62

President Expert
    looks like a flywheel weight on the right side of the crank
    MRA #29

Senior Member Amateur
    Uh... Come on guys, he is missing all of his required covers. Duh!

8)
    I did not claw my way to the top of the foodchain to eat my veggies.

glenngsxr wrote:
    trannies are way different... Glenn #62

MRA #822

Senior Member Expert
    yeah that big round thing is a flywheel, not found on suzukis except on the left side. Twice the weight = twice the fun.

Are we still going for ten pages? Last I looked it was well over 4500 views, which far surpassed my guesses.

Let's talk about Ss rain tires, crash where are you?

From a tire vendors point of view, I'd like to do completely away with rain tires. Their just a pain in the ass to haul around and so far the only track we can use them at is Hastings so every other race loading and unloading them out of the trailer. Plus when nobody buys them they sit there and get older on older then no one will want them. And you can't carry enough to satisfy everyone because only like two people plan ahead and order rain tires in anticipation of rain.
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cheetah 612
    Please call me with your input if you feel uncomfortable posting up here. I want to hear what you feel so I can better do my job. 720-253-4727
    I feel uncomfortable posting here, can you come over and help me feel more comfortable?

Seriously, I *know* there are a lot of MRA members that don't feel as though they can approach any MRA board member over concern of the possible ramifications. It's not political nor weak, it's just that board members represent authority and thus have a tinge of unapproachability in peoples' minds.

And I suspect many if not most racers weigh the value of bringing any issue up with a board member versus what the longer term ramifications *might* be.

IMHO, that is just a fact. I'm not sure how to change it other than to do what Donna did - namely let everyone know that the job of the rider rep is to be the riders' hook into the MRA board.

And like she said, if *anyone* has something to say to the MRA officials at any time and don't want to post here or go to the officials directly, call, email, or come meet up with any rider rep.

Senior Member Amateur
    Ok Ben, I'll play!!!!!

First, this post has gotten boring. Have we forgotten why we started this thing in the first place. I just finished making up a bunch of mud in my back yard so the slinging can start!!!

I'll go first 00--00
    My predictions for this upcoming race weekend.......it won't be a race weekend at all, it will be a protest fest! Everyone is going to protest everyone. Actually, I am going to protest every other Supersport rider out there because I have been doing research and I have found something I am certain is on almost every Supersport bike on the grid. I have fixed it on my bike and I'm not telling anyone what it is. I think it will prove the point that everyone has something "NOT SUPERSPORT LEGAL" on their bikes. Oh, this should be fun!!!!! I am bubbling with excitement.

I am now looking for a way to protest everyone in ROR. And I am going to get Fred Roth to race in ROR so that he can win and be the MRA #1 plate.

Now Ben, back to your point! Raintires........We should race on them, plain and simple but we'll talk more about that at the rules meeting. About them being old, who cares, it's better than DOTs. About you having to load and unload them, it's a good workout for you to keep you strong like bull. Or keep you full of bull, either way. About not having enough, just buy them for the people that order them and maybe have a set or two on hand for your top riders or your pain in the ass riders. Then, when we have three or four tracks next year where we race in the rain you will ready for the deluge. Then, after that first rain race, everyone will come and buy tires and it won't rain again for three years.

In short Ben, don't be a P*&@. I'll bring you some KY this weekend if you need it. Get some rain tires and come out and play. You beat me last time in ROR so who knows what will happen next!!!!!!!!

Viva la Rain Tires!!!!!!
    Set my Rain Tires free!!!!!!
    Let the Rain Tires Breathe!!!!!!!!
    Take my Rain Tires to the River, drop them in the water!!!!!!!
    My Rain Tires can beat up your honor student!!!!!!
    If only Al Gore had Rain Tires he could stop Global Warming!!!!!!
    If only Al Gore had Rain Tires he would have won in 2000!!!!!!
    Free Rain Tires before you Free Tibet!!!
    Cheerleaders love Rain Tires!!!!!!
    Chuck Norris Sleeps with Rain Tires on his eyes, that is what makes him so tough!!!!
    Why do you think they call Sexy Ben, Sexy Ben??? Rain Tires!!!!

OK, I'm done!

Senior Member Expert
    LOL.........your effen high...

Can I get a hit on that shit?

Beating you was luck. I know you where on that 750 and you were having a off weekend.

I'm bringing every rain tire I have and I'm stacking them in your trailer you can haul that crap around.

Just wait and see what I have in store for protests this weekend.
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by clowe
    Ok Ben, I'll play!!!!!

First, this post has gotten boring. Have we forgotten why we started this thing in the first place. I just finished making up a bunch of mud in my back yard so the slinging can start!!!

I'll go first 00--00
    My predictions for this upcoming race weekend.......it won't be a race weekend at all, it will be a protest fest! Everyone is going to protest everyone. Actually, I am going to protest every other Supersport rider out there because I have been doing research and I have found something I am certain is on almost every Supersport bike on the grid. I have fixed it on my bike and I'm not telling anyone what it is. I think it will prove the point that everyone has something "NOT SUPERSPORT LEGAL" on their bikes. Oh, this should be fun!!!!! I am bubbling with excitement.

I am now looking for a way to protest everyone in ROR. And I am going to get Fred Roth to race in ROR so that he can win and be the MRA #1 plate.
    Sounds like this will be a great weekend for SS riders then. Time for everyone to print out the rulebook and start doing your homework. I know I will be.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    I think I'm just gonna kick Crash $50 so he doesn't protest me, and grid up on my Ninja 250. I'm practically guaranteed 2nd place. :twisted:

Come on page 8!!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    If only Al Gore had Rain Tires he could stop Global Warming!!!!!!
    If only Al Gore had Rain Tires he would have won in 2000!!!!!!
    Why doesn't he have them? I thought he invented rain tires?? :lol:
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    I think I'm just gonna kick Crash. :twisted:

Ralph, I am really disappointed in you. Violence is not the answer.
    I did not claw my way to the top of the foodchain to eat my veggies.

glenngsxr wrote:
    trannies are way different... Glenn #62

MRA #822

Senior Member Amateur
    I thought he invented Pants and the Internet.

Now I come to find out Rain Tires too!!!!!! Wahoooooo!!! I love Al Gore!
    =D> \/ =P~ (\00\)

what is this "SUPERSPORT" everyone talkes about......... oh whell that why i ride in heavyweight on a 600.....cant protest that......

why dont you all quit bitchin....... AND RACE!!!!! IM DOWN 30 - 40 HP ON EVERYONE ON 750S ....and still podium....

how bout ya ........RIDE FASTER / QUIT BITCHIN......

if ya dont like rules race superbike ..........w/ me......

this is gonna be a mess this weekend... hope all the nonesense dont mess w/ the rest of us who just wan2 ride....... :shock:
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

p.s. that whay i ride superbike... EVERYONE knows that if i rode supersport i would have been protested in the first race............ CAUSE YOU ALL LOVE ME SOOOOO MUCH.........( ASK C.WEED)

i love rules...........SYKE!!!! :shock:
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER
    p.s. that whay i ride superbike... EVERYONE knows that if i rode supersport i would have been protested in the first race............ CAUSE YOU ALL LOVE ME SOOOOO MUCH.........( ASK C.WEED)

i love rules...........SYKE!!!! :shock:
    No its cuz you have a 130hp SBK built motor and just wont admit it :twisted: We all know this already!

You should come join the fun this weekend Hammer, its gonna be a SS fun-filled weekend!!!

Hey Crash, wanna give some "hints" to this ultimate SS violation? Come on help me out, I wont tell no one!
    Casey D

Senior Member Amateur
    Keep it coming, just two more pages to go!!!

I thought this would be going nuts!!!!

Oh, boy!!! I can't wait for Saturday afternoon.

Member Novice
    uummmm.....you better be careful. You might be creating a monster here :shock:

.....besides, his spongebob boxers are protestable...so he'll get DQ'd too.

Senior Member Expert
    Baby, I think we dealt with the boxer issue some time ago. Of course, the sports bra for my man boobs may be something else!

As I am going to be getting waivers for ROR, Crash, should I be running O or U? Can I borrow your sano liter bike if it's O?

It looks like we will be back this weekend, so it should be fun! Just don't protest me, I'll just die!

Hugs and Kisses

Fred
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by froth

As I am going to be getting waivers for ROR, Crash, should I be running O or U? Can I borrow your sano liter bike if it's O?

It looks like we will be back this weekend, so it should be fun! Just don't protest me, I'll just die!

Hugs and Kisses

Fred
    no matter what class you ride in fred, i'm gonna get the OK from mark to ride in the same class as you, and i'll protest you :twisted: gotta keep the status quo :lol:
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    no matter what class you ride in fred, i'm gonna get the OK from mark to ride in the same class as you, and i'll protest you :twisted: gotta keep the status quo :lol:
    THAT DOES IT! Fred, you and I are gonna build a SBK EX500 motor (double bubble and all) just to run Marty down in Colorado Class. First thing we need to do is arrange for a search party after the race weekend to find the EX500 in my garage. :idea:

Senior Member Expert
    To quote the penguins from Madagascar..."Quiet boys, nobody sees anything."

Marty, Chris, and my legion of adoring fans (let's see, that's my mom, mother in law, two sons and wife, that qualifies as a legion :lol: ). LET's RACE!
    MRA811

Senior Member Expert
    One additional note: Marty, Jeff, Chris Dale and I are going to petition for a class that we alone can run. Our main focus will be having a great time playing pass your buddy, with a cash prize of well over a dollar at the end of the season. Protests will be mandatory to keep your points, and extra will be added for getting something past V-P Tech (sorry Ray-Ray, we must do what we must :wink: )

Actually, how do you all think about reducing the number of classes/races from twenty something to about six or seven, with much longer races (from eight laps to, say 15) and ROR going 20??? Endurance? Let's hit the hour. I have another idea, which I am in the process of fleshing out for super sport vs suberbike, but it's taking longer than I thought to get clear in my mind.

Marty, Jeff, Chris, let's play this weekend. First one across the line wins and autographed picture of Fee Waybill and a genuine cassette recording ot the "Completion Backward Principle," recorded direct from LP to Technic cassette deck in 1984.

Have we hit page nine yet???
    MRA811

Member Novice

search party

Chris,
    I've seen your garage....if the search party isn't out in half a day, we will send another search party in after you

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6440/gallery/picture/28840/

and this is what Fred wants for the new class (are 3 wheels legal?)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast