Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The MRA returns to PPIR!

Senior Member Expert
    Scott @ chicane trackdays is working on a trackday at ppir, but im not sure on the details.
    Benny Tozzi #78
    Tri City Cycle
    Check out Dave@SingleTrackMind for your suspension needs!
    www.fixmybike.com

www.getwellclarkie.com

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Hey Aaron,
    As I know Shane through Olathe and R. Jenson I rememeber seeing that issue. My question when I first saw it was "are those two related and just coming together for a reunion" Never could figure out how you went from the RS to the big bike either but you seem to have gelled well with both
    my 'Clark' doesnt have an 'e' on it :wink: what's funny is that was my first ever race on a 4-stroke and i was on Michelins, the bike and tires were awesome. So I get out of hospital with 2 broken ribs and on Sunday i went out in the SBK warmup on the same tires and the bike and tires were awesome, then comes the race and i lowsided the first lap and almost crashed every lap after that for half the race, i pulled out of the race and the crew asked what was wrong, i told them about the tires and their response was "gee I guess those tires we got from the local motorcycle shop dealer really were the street tires"

Seems they had run through their budget with Michelin and got a set of Pilot Sports from a bike shop and mounted them without telling me :roll: Steve Decamp offered me a ride on the Hooters team for 2001, I just laughed at him :lol:

Senior Member Amateur

Re: The MRA returns to PPIR!

Quote Originally Posted by 420
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    so hopefully it still works with your schedule.
    DAMMIT! :x
    awwww... we can take off from hunting and go race then come back to camp that night babe, there will still be Elk waiting for us to shoot and eat :twisted:
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Amateur
    Does anyone have any ideas if the facilities will be working. I am talking about things like power and water?

This is pretty exciting!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by clowe
    Does anyone have any ideas if the facilities will be working. I am talking about things like power and water?

This is pretty exciting!
    To bring what crash said a little further as I have never raced outside colorado.....

If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?

Senior Member Amateur
    To bring what crash said a little further as I have never raced outside colorado.....
    Jeeezuz !! Dingle that turn 7 crash must have really rung your bell!!....Dont you remember racing Hastings just before that?.. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    ZING!

Thanks Glenn, fantastic job!

It will be like old home week going back there to race. I always had a great time racing there.

Here's another video that a lot of shots from PPIR. Besides, it's always fun to see yourself and your friends in a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW5patGW4H8
    Kevin F. McGuire
    MRA #expired

Ecological minded racing. Doing my part to take this country to the next fuel source by burning as much petroleum product as I can!

Sponsors; Kristie McGuire, Un!nk Printworks, MRA

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeracer

Jeeezuz !! Dingle that turn 7 crash must have really rung your bell!!....Dont you remember racing Hastings just before that?.. :lol:
    Raced outside of the colorado racing organization called "Motorcycle Road Racing Association"....to be more specific

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by kfm61
    Here's another video that a lot of shots from PPIR. Besides, it's always fun to see yourself and your friends in a video!
    Not when you're the guy hobbling away on crutches! :lol:

oops,,, sorry Chris ops:
    Kevin F. McGuire
    MRA #expired

Ecological minded racing. Doing my part to take this country to the next fuel source by burning as much petroleum product as I can!

Sponsors; Kristie McGuire, Un!nk Printworks, MRA

Member Amateur
    Nice job Glenn!! A great addition to our schedule. Any word on the 09 season with PPIR? What about our new track? How are we doin with that?

rohorn
    Does anyone know if the AMA/DMG/? will race there again?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns

If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc working...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?
    :?:

Senior Member Expert

If PPIR does have all the goodies like showers, power, water, etc working...will the race fees stay the same or will they increase to cover the cost for using these?
    :?:
    Patience grasshoppers......enjoy the sound of one hand clapping.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by rohorn
    NO and Never, part of the deal when the track was sold, never agian to have any professional events to include AMA,IRL, Nascar and the likes...

rohorn
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSgraphics
    Quote Originally Posted by rohorn
    NO and Never, part of the deal when the track was sold, never agian to have any professional events to include AMA,IRL, Nascar and the likes...
    I'd heard the NASCAR part, but not the rest - thanks for the info.

Member Amateur
    never been there before. Is it a big half loop, then tight intricate turns in the infield?

Member Amateur

PPIR ... Its about time !

Great news that we will be back at PPIR . Now ... are those 'Yellow' boys we all remember going to be there too.? I sure hope so. Aside from our Hastings adventures there has never been another outstanding corner crew as competant and helpful as this crew at PPIR .For those who have;never been to PPIR you are in for quite a treat. Garages ! Real Showers ! A huge in the facility parking lot. Real security against theft. And modestly decent food ( pricey ) . Really look forward to being back there. A great place to close out our 08 season !

Senior Member Amateur
    You mean the banana boys? :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12