Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MINI BIKE RACES!!!!!!!!

MINI BIKE RACES!!!!!!!!

SO ME (213)AND FAIRBANKS(240) WENT OUT THE SPRINGS TO RACE OUR PIT BIKES AND MINI BIKES THIS WEEKEND, WITH THE RMMMA ( ROCKY MTN MINIBIKE ASSOSIATION) JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IT WAS A BLAST. FOR THE WHOLE RACE DAY I SPENT A WHOOPING 50 DOLLARS INCLUDING GAS....... RACED 5 - 6 RACES IN A FEW DIFFERENT CLASSES. ( FEW 2ND PLACES AND A 5TH CAUSE I WRECKED LIKE 3 TIMES IN ONE RACE, DAM THAT GUY WITH THE NSF100 WHO KEEPT KICKING MY ASS.....)

SERIOUSLY THOUGH THE MORE PEOPLE WHO WOULD COME THE BETTER IT WOULD BE. SO FOR THE COST OF 2 SETS OF TIRES GO BUY A CHINEESE 125- 135 CC CHING A LING PIT BIKE OR PULL OUT THE YSR OR NSR 50 AND THROW SOME STREET TIRES ON IT AND COME PLAY....

CHECK OUT THE VID OF ME AND BANKS PRATICING AT BANDIMERE TRACK. ( WITCH ONLY COST 20 BUCKS FOR THE DAY TOO AND THEY HAVE AMB TRANSPONDERS SET UP SO WE CAN CHECK LAP TIMES)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=29439445

WE ARE BOTH ON PISTER PRO 125s ( THE HAUL ASS ) and are very competitive in the f2 class ( up to 135cc)

AND HERE IS THE WEB SITE FOR THE CLUB... MOST IF NOT ALL THE DATES DO NOT INTERFERE W/ MRA STUFF

www.rmminimoto.com/

dont be a pussy.... come dice w/ us
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    For the long time MRA members, "that guy" who was on the NSF100 was most probably Tracy Schram.

For you new members, Schrammy could put down times on an RS125 that most 600s still can't do. He was/is fassst on a 125.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    I just bought a used Thumpstar (125? I think) from a friend for a pit bike. I was running around on it thinking what a blast it would be to put some sticky street tires on it.

I just kinda glanced through the website, would something like that work? That looks like a stupid amount of fun
    Battlesquirrel Motorsports
    Winter Park PUB- www.winterparkpub.com
    STM Suspension- www.STMSuspension.com

ALMOST HAD HIM A FEW TIMES, THAT FN NSF HANDLES LIKE A CHAMP.... NEXT TIME IM TAKING HIM (PULL A FEW MORE PONYS OUT OF THE OLD 125 : INNER ROTTOR KIT AND GEARING CHANGE ) DOODS TIRES ARE TWICE AS WIDE AS OURS AND STICK LIKE GLUE......STILL HE ONLY GOT ME BY A FEW CORNERS :lol: ....... GREAT TIMES AND I STILL HAVE MONEY IN MY POCKET :shock:

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    Looks like fun, and I am glad we had a few guys go out and run with that crew!

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodd
    I just bought a used Thumpstar (125? I think) from a friend for a pit bike. I was running around on it thinking what a blast it would be to put some sticky street tires on it.

I just kinda glanced through the website, would something like that work? That looks like a stupid amount of fun
    Thumpstars are a GREAT bike! Lots of mods for them and you can convert to street tires....when we did it we had to get some different wheels. Kevin at Epic has his Thumpstar with street tires on it.
    "If you always do what you have always done; you will always get what you have always got."

Senior Member Amateur
    Sweet. I'll holler at him to see what I need. I got that Thump for $500! Full Yosh exhaust, electric start, pro taper bars, ASV levers, an extra new rear shock spring assembly, extra plastic etc. I friggen love it, I want to race it!
    Battlesquirrel Motorsports
    Winter Park PUB- www.winterparkpub.com
    STM Suspension- www.STMSuspension.com

Member Novice
    Ill be at the IMI races with my Polini. Bang for the buck is huge with the mini's.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahooman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodd

Thumpstars are a GREAT bike! Lots of mods for them and you can convert to street tires....when we did it we had to get some different wheels. Kevin at Epic has his Thumpstar with street tires on it.
    I have ridden that Thump* and it is a kick in the pants!!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoSix
    For the long time MRA members, "that guy" who was on the NSF100 was most probably Tracy Schram.

For you new members, Schrammy could put down times on an RS125 that most 600s still can't do. He was/is fassst on a 125.
    I second that!!..........

It doesn't hurt that he went and professionally raced 125's in Japan :shock:
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoSix

I second that!!..........

It doesn't hurt that he went and professionally raced 125's in Japan :shock:
    Schrammy is a cool cat, thats for sure.

Member Amateur
    thumpstar 125's are perfect bikes for this. I have a red barron 125 and Madama has an ogm 125 but these following bikes are all similar in the 125cc.

sdg
    pitster pro
    red barron
    thumpstar
    ogm

The main difference between all these is the motor. Some have Jailing motors and some have Lifan motors. Lifan's make more power b/c they have big valve heads stock...while the gpx has a better transmission. There is a ton of aftermarket hop up parts for these motors that are cheap also. :wink:

You can probably buy a bike lightly used for less than $1000 with supermoto tires already. I see them for sale on craigslist all the time.

The mini bike racing was a blast.......makes you feel like a kid again

The rm mini-moto club is full of really nice folks. I will definitely go back again.

I hope more mra people come and play. There is like 9 more races

ya 2nd that ......dudes are cool as shit... they have tons of smarts about alot of the upgrades and people to talk to about the minis....(kevin) ...

like i said b4... crashed out 3 times in one race and still got 5th.... you can hop up and keep railing........ didnt evn mess up the bike or me at all..... and the track we rode this time (cre) is fn awesome.. elevation changes and tight stuff and a long straight. makes our track look like a parking lot.

ps.tracy is an animal on that little thing. lets show him whats up!!!!!!!
    it wont be to fun for him to kill everybody every time.. ( more racers more bikes please )

as far as good tires for the 10 in wheels ( dunlop tt91's) they are very sticky.....and will last ya all year...lol

Member Amateur
    I was there too and it was definitely worth the $$$. Spend 30 bucks and race. Too cool. If we could get like 10 more bikes for the F1 class it would be SICK. The F1 class is any 4 stroke air cooled up to 110 cc's. Check out the website, get a mini and let's race.
    07 Yamaha R6
    08 Kawasuki 2 fiddy

Member Amateur
    Ja, the guys were estatic to have the MRA guys come out and represent at the races! It was great to have some new faster guys to race with and learn from. I'm just sorry that some of the people that were supposed to show didn't make it.

The track owner made a comment about the professionalism, cleanliness and attitude of the new guys and thier crews (MRA dudes). He stated that he was glad to have guys like that join the club and race at his track!

That had to be some of the most fun I've ever had getting my butt kicked (especially in the F1 class). The racing was good, clean passing and while trying to drop the hammer on one's buds, safety was still a concern.

Tracy Schram.. what can be said is that is one cool cat (as well as the MRA guys). That fella put on a riding clinic from hell! HAMMER kept him honest most of the time though. We need someone that can make him need to ride a F2 bike!

I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT RACE!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    What are the classes? My wife has a CRF 150 (not the motocross one but the one thats like the xr) and that would be a hoot with some street tires on it.

Member Amateur
    Formula 3- 72cc water-cooled 2 stroke, 80cc air cooled 2 stroke, 151cc air/oil cooled 4 stroke

Max tire sizes allowed are 14 inch front and 12 inch rear. There are no exceptions, as it is mini racing. The track owner stipulates this also.

Senior Member Amateur
    Looks like Formula 3 would be just perfect...

Member Amateur
    Great, we hope to see you at the next race! Take care.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by coax
    I wont be in the area until October, but I will make sure to be out there in 09. I think a KX65 would be absolutely perfect... 8)

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by coax
    I think a KX65 would be absolutely perfect... 8)
    I agree and a lot of bang for the buck.

Senior Member Amateur
    So I have been looking this over extensively, and you guys are using terms of F1 and F3 classes. Checking the website http://www.rmminimoto.com/Rules.html it doesn't have those listed.

SO onto my question, I know I can run a KX65 in F3, are there any classes that a KX85 would fit into? On the front pageit says "Race your 40 and 50cc two stroke pocketbike, 50-176cc mini-motard classes, and NSR/YSRs" But it doesn't mention 2stroke vs. 4stroke in the mini-motard classes...

I would of course be running 12" wheels 8)

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Nate
    So I have been looking this over extensively, and you guys are using terms of F1 and F3 classes. Checking the website http://www.rmminimoto.com/Rules.html it doesn't have those listed.

SO onto my question, I know I can run a KX65 in F3, are there any classes that a KX85 would fit into? On the front pageit says "Race your 40 and 50cc two stroke pocketbike, 50-176cc mini-motard classes, and NSR/YSRs" But it doesn't mention 2stroke vs. 4stroke in the mini-motard classes...

I would of course be running 12" wheels 8)
    The classes are listed for sure in the rules section, unless something happened on the website since yesterday. They are under shifter class rules. The KX 85 fits in F4 with air/oil cooled 4 strokes up to 176cc.

Member Amateur
    Yeah, it is kind of hard to find that info in the rules section but it is there. When you are looking through the classes you will find a section that suddenly says formula 1.
    07 Yamaha R6
    08 Kawasuki 2 fiddy

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie171
    Yeah, it is kind of hard to find that info in the rules section but it is there. When you are looking through the classes you will find a section that suddenly says formula 1.
    Yep, I see what you mean now. It is under section 1.35 where it JUNIOR (D) STOCK CAG (AGES 3-15) and then BAM! In bold print it says ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINI MOTO SHIFTER CLASS RULES. It should have had its' own section in the rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast