Thread: On bike footage

Senior Member Expert

On bike footage

Of those of yo who have used an on bike camera what is the most simple best system available. I'll be racing at Mid Ohio in a couple weeks and wanted to get some footage Thanks
    Jon

President Expert
    If i had pressed the record button on mine prior to ROR this past weekend, I could have told you how mine worked. :roll:
    MRA #29

Junior Member Novice
    Jon,

I've got one you can borrow. It is the same one Mark Schellinger uses for his classes. It is the VIO POV 1. 720 x 480 30 frames per second. Cool thing is it has a remote to start and stop recording that is small enough to zip tie to your top triple or fork tube.

I can put it in the 280 when you test drive it.

Doug
    303-748-2548

Junior Member Novice
    www.goprocamera.com

i used mine for the first time last weekend at hastings and it turned out awesome! crystal clear, great sound,$160.00 takes up to 1 hr worth of footage with a 2gb card, you can set it up to take still shots every three seconds or record a video. mount it anywhere on the bike you want or even your helmet.

idk where your located but tricity cycle has them in stock in loveland

dalton
    Sponsors: Tri City Cycle, A.C.E.S.,Ogio, Graves Motorsports, Spy Optics, Hart and Huntington Clothing, One Industries, VC Graphix, American Supercamp, michelin , Lockhart Phillips, chicken hawk racing, redline oil, sharkskinz, shift, arai, vortex

President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dimick27
    www.goprocamera.com

i used mine for the first time last weekend at hastings and it turned out awesome! crystal clear, great sound,$160.00 takes up to 1 hr worth of footage with a 2gb card, you can set it up to take still shots every three seconds or record a video. mount it anywhere on the bike you want or even your helmet.

dalton
    thats the one i got. i was looking forward to crystal clear footage until i forgot to hit the button.
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    I might be testing one of these out here at the next trackday,

If anybody wants get ahold of one in the denver area shoot me a PM

Senior Member Expert

onboard cam

you goin to be testin yours or sumthin? like on your bike? or you want someone to test it for you? couldnt really understand where you were headed with your msg

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dimick27
    www.goprocamera.com

dalton
    I want to see the footage you took in ROR-U 8) , did you have the camera pointing forward or backwards?

BTW congrats on the X-Grame invite you friggin Rock Star! 8)

Senior Member Expert
    Actually, I'm going to be racing. Last year I took one,spent hours setting it up and it didn't work for shit and just wanted to make sure I had a good system this year. The problem is it can't seem to keep up with the speed and in stead of a film it took frames while trying to focus. Damn thing wasn't cheap either. Anyhow Thanks for the responses and I'm going to be looking around. How long to set one of these systems up? I get lots of time Thursday/ Friday but only one round of practice Sat/Sunday so time is of the essence so to speak. Anyhow thanks,