Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Helmet Stickers **all funds go to the new track**

Senior Member Expert

New Helmet Stickers **all funds go to the new track**

Do to the new rule about Helmet stickers http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=6831

Frank Diranna has offered to make the stickers for $5.

The stickers will either be a chrome background with black numbers or a black background with chrome numbers....your choice. You will receive 2 number (one for each side of your helmet)

Frank will donate the time and materials to print them up and will donate 100% of all proceeds to the new track fund.

Since we are only a few days away from leaving for Hastings Frank will need you to email him at diranna@comcast.net prior to Thursday 5pm. Obviously he needs to know your number as well

I will be delivering them at Hastings and will be there sometime on Friday afternoon early evening

Any questions please get ahold of me at joe@rebellionmotorsports.com or Frank at the above email

Thanks

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Count me in! Nice gesture Frank!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks, Joe and Frank, great idea!
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    order placed.

Thanks for doing this guys!

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks! Order Sent!
    "If you always do what you have always done; you will always get what you have always got."

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks Frank! Great idea!
    Ordered!
    joecat

Senior Member Expert
    8) 8) Your gonna ruin your rep dude.... :wink: :wink:
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

You guys ROCK! Please count me in!!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    Obviously I don't need a sticker but I will donate $20.00 for the new track. Doesn't sound like much but if a lot of riders match my donation, who knows it can only help the new track. $20.00 X's how many ???? For fun let's keep count on those matching my donation.

Senior Member Amateur

Fuller#13

I PM'd an order for two sets
    Just pop to the race day office and I'll pay you ... or let me know where you will be pitted and I'll send Racer over to get them !
    Drive safe!
    Lynette Fuller
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history" - Laurel Thatcher...

Visit www.JunkyardInk.com for AWESOME Custom Tattoo's.

Lynette Fuller, wife #13 - Chris Fuller

Senior Member Expert
    Frank rocks !!! email sent..

Senior Member Amateur
    All that have order so far are completd,
    I will not be going to Hastings, so Joe L. is taking them out there for me

Look for him to pick them up..

I know there's more people that need them, I can still work on them tonight and tomorrow (to get them for hastings but will continue making them all season long)

Senior Member Amateur ZiaThunder's Avatar
    I'm just curious... does anyone else use the same helmet on the track and for riding on the street? I do have two and I generally use one for track and one for the street, but not always.

Personally, I don't want to draw that kind of attention when I'm riding my street bike.

I can see where this might cause issues with our friendly law enforcement officers. If they see race numbers on my helmet it will give them more cause to be.... shall we say, more aggressive in their enforcement of traffic laws. Which most motorcyclist experience too much of, as it is.

Then there is also the issue of someone going down, damaging that helmet and having to use another. If I had to use my street helmet to finish out the day. You are telling me that I have to keep extra numbers around to put on that helmet for that day?

It really doesn't seem to address the issue. The numbers can be rashed off the helmet. If the numbers are only on one side then they would have to move the helmet/head to read them. Not something you want to do before you are ready to stabilize them, unless you need to preform CPR, then stabilization goes out the window.

Why not have the riders wear the needed information on a card around the riders neck tucked inside the leathers.

It would be some what harder to enforce, for every rider, but for ones that go off the track the corner workers can check for that while assisting them. If your corner workers are adequately trained.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaThunder
    It really doesn't seem to address the issue. The numbers can be rashed off the helmet. If the numbers are only on one side then they would have to move the helmet/head to read them. Not something you want to do before you are ready to stabilize them, unless you need to preform CPR, then stabilization goes out the window.
    EMS crews are not going to dig out a rider's information before they start helping them. Stabilization happens very quickly with these guys.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    This decision really has nothing to do with street riding. That being said, having the numbers near the chin section of the helmet means they will be visiable after being stabilized. If it helps the medics help us, then I'm all for it.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    I personally dont want anything around my neck while racing.
    I would think an exception could be made by using duct tape and a black sharpie. This is up to VP of rules and tech though.
    mike

zia,

If you rash a helmet - you shouldn't continue wearing it regardless of whether or not it tears the sticker up.

** Nevermind - just went back and re-read your post. Took it out of context, my bad.

At any rate, the likelihood of the sticker getting rashed off to the point that it is illegible to the EMS's is infinitely less than them being unable to read a sticker that wasn't there in the first place.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25
    I personally dont want anything around my neck while racing.
    I would think an exception could be made by using duct tape and a black sharpie. This is up to VP of rules and tech though.
    mike
    Yes, WHITE duct tape and a black sharpie would be ok.
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    It's worth noting that black marker rubs off duct tape with VERY little effort whatsoever. You can do it with your finger, and anything abrasive is even faster, regardless of whether the tape stays attached. Masking tape keeps the marking permanently, but the tape itself is weak and will come off at some point.

Honestly, what we're talking about here is $5 in decals to ensure your healthcare is not compromised from something as simple as the medics not being able to find your info. Just buy an extra set, surely your life is worth that much.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur ZiaThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Honestly, what we're talking about here is $5 in decals to ensure your healthcare is not compromised from something as simple as the medics not being able to find your info. Just buy an extra set, surely your life is worth that much.

Wow, it really got some of ya going.. ;-)

Sorry, but I think ya-all are missing my point. This rule makes it so you have to have TWO helmets.

Given that I only have Suomy & Shoei helmets, it gets rather expensive. So it isn't the cost of the stickers. I do value my head and health a great deal.

It is the cost of the extra unwanted attention that you get by having racing numbers on your helmet while riding on the street.

Rather then making me ruin an expensive helmet why not just have the correct numbers on the bikes???? Those numbers are cheap and easy to change.

I've worked as an EMT, believe me, they are not going to be looking anything up.... they are going to be concentrating on their patient.

Someone in the club should be looking that up and providing that info to them. When they ask for it, they don't have time to search through the paperwork. There really isn't there enough information on that form, it also isn't the most current information, unless you provide some means to update it.

Senior Member Expert
    Again, the rules of this club are based on racing, not street riding. No where does this require you owning two helmets. It also doesn't require you running numbers when riding the street.

I wanna thank Joe and Frank. Not only for getting this done for us, but also contributing all funds to the track. +1 thanks guys!
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    how are you going to ruin a helmet by putting a sticker on it?
    Mike applehans #25

I'm missing the two helmet argument as well? Why do you "have" to have two now? (for what it's worth, I ALWAYS have two at the track in case I damage one - and I encourage the rest of you to do the same.)

How would a simple number on your chinpiece alert the po-po that you're any more squidly than the rider who doesn't. Hell, for all they'd know you're paying tribute to your favorite AMA or Moto GP racer. If this logic is correct, then I'd have to assume they pull over every redneck who has Dale Earnhart or Jeff Gordon's number on the back of their pick-um-up truck because they assume they're gonna do 200mph simply because they have a race number on their vehicle?

The EMS's have copies of everyone's medical forms IN THEIR TRUCKS at all times (except for the WOW ladies, I forgot to make you all do one... ops: ) - and I assure you they use them when necessary. Oftentimes they use the back to take notes and whatnot.

If a bike really comes apart, or ends up far away from the rider - they're not gonna go looking for the bodywork and try to piece together the number - even if it IS the correct number on the bike.

In the event of a multi-bike incident - how do we know who belongs to which bike? Especially if they're non-responsive?

If it's really a concern, it would be cheaper, frankly, to just buy several sets of numbers and take them off when you're riding on the street. At only $5 per set (assuming you buy them from Frank - which you certainly aren't required to), you'd have to go thru 4-5 race seasons before the cost equalled what a new helmet would. And by our rulebook, you'd have to replace the helmet at that time anyway.

Sorry. Rules are rules.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaThunder

(1) Sorry, but I think ya-all are missing my point. This rule makes it so you have to have TWO helmets.

(2) It is the cost of the extra unwanted attention that you get by having racing numbers on your helmet while riding on the street.

1: The clubs requirs helmets, colorado doesn't, just stop weraing one on the street :wink:

2: The bling-bling chrome, stoppies, longswingarms, neon and a host of other BS on bikes gets more attention then a 1inch square number sticker, If you think a cop is really looking at your number your super-paranoid and should seek concealling

And what about all the "46" helmets and leathers around, think the cops leave Rossi allone cause the know he's ok it be doing 150mph or do they bust all 250,00 rossi squids everyday...

on your street helmet it would be good also to put a sticker on it, but put your blood type not a number, also if your a donor..

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSgraphics
    If you think a cop is really looking at your number your super-paranoid and should seek concealling

Yup. You guys totally should hide!

:lol:
    I did not claw my way to the top of the foodchain to eat my veggies.

glenngsxr wrote:
    trannies are way different... Glenn #62

MRA #822

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast