Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: would this bike be legal in the colorado class?

Senior Member Amateur
    O.K. guys here's the lowdown! I bought a brand new RS 125 rolling chassis from Rising Sun for $5,000, new complete CRF 450X from Interstate Honda for $5,200 (racer discount), Jay Wright (Bare Bones Machine) fabricated the conversion for $3,500. I than sold the CRF rolling chassis for $1,500. So grand total I invested 12,200. In two full seasons of racing I have bought 4 sets of tires (GP slicks cost about $270.00), used pump gas, changed oil and raced. The engine has been very reliable. I haven't even touched the valves yet!!

A 200 pound bike with 45-55 HP isn't setting any track records; but I am getting better every time I race and having the time of my life racing it.

For me I am learning how to pick up speed in the corners and it is making me a better racer. I have to be a little bit more strategic when passing, because when I turn the throttle not much happens.

As far as the homemade Husky...my computer is to slow to run the video. I imagine its pretty fast though. The Roland Sands 450 deal can be done lots cheaper than 15k. Even what I did can be done for alot cheaper.

Besides I love racing against Fred, Marty, Kevin and Gallant. We have a blast and have some good close racing with lots of great passing.

Jeff

Senior Member Expert
    Sure, Jeff, you haven't touched the valves yet, but the (1) Piston and rings will cost you like, $125 for a top end rebuild :lol: ! See you at PIR.
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12