Well said, Glenn.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=32877

"More On DMG's Approach To Rider Safety Issues, And Racing In The Rain Everywhere"

FIRST PERSON/OPINION

Via e-mail:

"I must take exception to the inclusion of the MRA in the following statement by Roger Edmondson: "Further, I note that AMA Pro Superbike, MotoGP, World Superbike, World Supersport, British Superbike, AFM, ASRA, CCS, CMRA, LRRS, MRA, MOTO-ST, WERA, WSMC, etc. all race in wet conditions at race tracks all over the world."

The MRA does, in fact, hold races in the rain at the majority of the venues where we compete. However, I feel the inclusion of the MRA in this statement implies that we hold races in all conditions at all tracks, without exception, and this is not accurate.

Recognizing that racer safety is paramount, the MRA takes into consideration both the unique characteristics of each facility and the feedback from our riders when determining if any particular venue is safe for wet competition. Based on this input, there is one facility on our schedule that has been deemed unsafe for wet competition. Issuing a blanket statement that we would compete there in all conditions, regardless of rider input, would undoubtedly cause a significant negative reaction among our members."

Glenn Conser, President
Motorcycle Roadracing Association
Fort Collins, Colorado