Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Donna

Senior Member Expert

Hey Donna

Kick ass job on those trophies! 8)

They are sweet!
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you!!! Clarkie, do you like those better than the "motorcycle man?" Would you like the 1st place crystal to be a little different from the 2nd and 3rd?

(can of worms is now open)
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Expert
    hehe can of worms! I definately like the motorcycle man better than the crystal for first... the crystal is awesome! and it looks fantastic! just not for first, it is a great trophy for 2nd or 3rd.

For someone who has never won a first (myself) the quest for the motorcycle guy is where its at! If I ever had the luck to win one, I would love to put that up on a shelf at home; and for anyone to walk by and see that i won a MOTORCYCLE race without walking up and having to read the trophy.

my 2 pennies
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Senior Member Expert
    I dont wanna complain about the new trophies cuz I really respect the MRA and the Board, but after talking to many people over the weekend I really think we should go back to how it was. Plaques and trophies are much better IMO.
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by Lel399

For someone who has never won a first (myself) the quest for the motorcycle guy is where its at! If I ever had the luck to win one, I would love to put that up on a shelf at home; and for anyone to walk by and see that i won a MOTORCYCLE race without walking up and having to read the trophy.
    This being my first couple of win in the MRA; i couldn't agree with you more Jason.

Ara

Senior Member Expert
    Donna,

I've never collected any of these, so maybe my opinion carries less weight, but when I saw the crystals this weekend I thought....I gotta get me one of those.

I think they totally kick ass.

Senior Member Expert
    I agree with Jason. I think the quest for the pewter man should not be given up. 1st place should be different(I think it should stay the motorcycle guy). I like the crystal alot. I think Crystal for 2nd and 3rd is very cool, but 1st should definitely be something different. If it is not going to be the motorcycle guy than maybe bigger crystal, just something to differentiate itself from 2nd and 3rd.
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires
    Factory Trained Auto Repair

Senior Member Amateur
    I like the crystals a lot, but do agree that first place should be different. Those pewter racer chicks kicked ass. 8)

I THINK THE FIRST SHOULD BE A BIGGER GLASS UNIT OR THE "MAN". I LOVE THE GLASS ONES FOR 2ND AND 3RD. ( THE WOOD PLAQUES SUCK :shock: ) BUT I THINK THAT FOR FIRST PLACE YOU SHOUD GET SOMETHIN SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MT 2CENTS........

but.........A 1ST PLACE IS A 1ST PLACE ( I DONT CARE IF I GET A TURD W/ A "1" CARVED IN IT..... LOL :wink: :idea:
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    I agree with Jason. I think the quest for the pewter man should not be given up. 1st place should be different(I think it should stay the motorcycle guy). I like the crystal alot. I think Crystal for 2nd and 3rd is very cool, but 1st should definitely be something different. If it is not going to be the motorcycle guy than maybe bigger crystal, just something to differentiate itself from 2nd and 3rd.
    Definitely the consensus I gathered! Love the new trophies for 2nd and 3rd but the quest for the pewter man should live on
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER
    but.........A 1ST PLACE IS A 1ST PLACE ( I DONT CARE IF I GET A TURD W/ A "1" CARVED IN IT..... LOL :wink: :idea:
    I'll get one of those special for you

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed

ditto ditto and ditto..... I personally love that we have something different and appreciate the movement to updated hardware...... however, I can no longer call it the quest for the pewter man... It's now the quest for the "Little glass thingy" but either way I could care less... All that matters to me is what's engraved on the thing anyway... Ill stay away from the giant #1 turd.... but whats printed on it is what matters most... Any options available on an updated version of the "Pewter man" ?

Since Im old and spent most of Monday trying to get out of bed and havent gotten one since Lajunta was around suppose my you can give little thought to my 2 pennies.... :cry:

Senior Member Expert
    Dion, you're far from old. Old is racing the first half of the weekend, then having to limber up to go to the bathroom!

I really like the trophies, too. Cudos to Donna!
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by froth
    Dion, you're far from old. Old is racing the first half of the weekend, then having to limber up to go to the bathroom!

Must just be the 6 AK-47 bullets in my body that make me feel older than I am... :wink:

Senior Member Expert
    Funny, they didn't seem to slow you down as you nuked me in 1. Solid pass, safe, quick, painless, shit, I was excited to be a part of it!
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Amateur
    These are better for those people running out of room for pewter men and big plaques. :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 420
    These are better for those people running out of room for pewter men and big plaques. :lol:
    Quite honestly, that's what I'm hearing from the racers who reach the podium on a regular basis.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cheetah 612
    Quote Originally Posted by 420
    Quite honestly, that's what I'm hearing from the racers who reach the podium on a regular basis.
    then they dont need to pick them up! If they are caring about 'how much room they have'... then the trophy doesnt mean dick to them anyways and their opinion is moot... i didnt realize that we were catering to those that win all the time.

for that once in a life time feeling of winning a class... i dont want it to look like something i could have won for anything other than motorcycle racing... is it a money thing? are they more/less to go to motorcycle man? it seems in this thread the overwhelming opinion is that first place the quest for the motorcycle man is the way to go.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

glenngsxr
    Sweet,
    Then everyone who is whining for the "pewter man" go spend countless hours rounding up sponsor dollars to pay for trophies like Donna does every year. i could really care less. i have only podiumed once and yes it still is a dream to win, but me knowing I won in my head is worth a lot more than a "pewter man." glenn #62

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    The pewter men cost under $20. If you simply "must" have one of those, you can order them thru Crown Trophy.

Or, if we get significant support from the racers (not just 5 or 6 on the forums) - I guess we "could" go back to a pewter man for first, and crystal for 2nd & 3rd...

Provided, of course, that the rest of the Board approves - AND that the trophy place hasn't already made all the awards for the year...

Personally I'm in the camp that has no more room for pewter men - and I think having some variety every couple years is nice...
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Provided, of course, that the rest of the Board approves - AND that the trophy place hasn't already made all the awards for the year...
    they were not even done w/ the ones for the first weekend until 5:30pm on thursday! when I picked them up... i doubt they have even started the ones for race 2

If i am the only squeaky wheel, ill glady shut up; but of the posts in this thread, and people that I talked to all thought that 1st should be something different at least... and if not back to the pewter man.

hey and there is nothing wrong w/ variety... but something motorcycle related would be kinda cool
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Senior Member Expert
    Still agree with Jason, squeak squeak.

1st should be different.
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires
    Factory Trained Auto Repair

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Lel399
    then they dont need to pick them up! If they are caring about 'how much room they have'... then the trophy doesnt mean dick to them anyways and their opinion is moot... i didnt realize that we were catering to those that win all the time.

for that once in a life time feeling of winning a class... i dont want it to look like something i could have won for anything other than motorcycle racing... is it a money thing? are they more/less to go to motorcycle man? it seems in this thread the overwhelming opinion is that first place the quest for the motorcycle man is the way to go.
    Dang!! Easy, Jason.
    If those who won them didn't care about them or the fact that they win, I doubt they'd be racing. Everyone's opinion is important, that's why I opened this can. And you can believe that I do everything in my power to cater to everyone.

It's not a money issue. It's a variety issue. Those motorcycle men have been around for a long time and it is time for a change. I don't read in this thread any overwhelming cry for the "man." I read an opinion that a difference between the 1st place trophy and the others would be nice.

This thread is not my only source of information. Personal conversations, input from other Board members and their conversations with members, phone calls I've made and received. I endeavor to do this job with as much meticulousness and due diligence as I can.

I worked with Crown to come up with something roadracing related, but our only choice is the motorcycle man. I believed this would be an elegant and office worthy trophy.

Senior Member Expert
    If the only choices are the crystals, or going back to how it was then I say we go back.

Now, I have never won a 1st place (yet) however I have a couple 2nd and 3rds. I think the plaques and the pewter man show off the club and motorcycle racing more then the crystals. I'm sure this was done with the best interest of the club, and I understand wanting to switch things up once in a while. I just feel that this step my not have been an improvement IMO. If its not going to change either way, i'll stop talking.
    Casey D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast