Thread: Trouble in Pueblo

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar

Trouble in Pueblo

Hey,
    We spent the night at the Clarion Hotel (formerly the Pueblo Inn and Conference Ctr. and woke up this morning to the police outside our room.

Apparently some lowlifes broke the window out of a lady racers truck(Davinia ) and rifled through her truck and race trailer.

Fortunately it appears that nothing is missing, due to the fact, that she brought everything of value into her hotel room last night. (including her bike!) Her truck was right outside our window and we never heard a thing.
    This has happened many times before here in Pueblo so please be aware of this fact and always take steps to protect your valubles while in Pueblo!!!

Tammy
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Junior Member Novice
    Now that just blows. Last year we heard of trailers and bikes getting ripped off, trucks being broken into, etc. Now, at the first race it is starting again. It is almost like the racers need to all be at one place with security and a fenced in enclosure. I hear there is an old Mormon compound up for sale. Stinking thieves.
    Pilot

Senior Member Amateur

Re: Trouble in Pueblo

Quote Originally Posted by Vanmar Racing
    Hey,
    We spent the night at the Clarion Hotel (formerly the Pueblo Inn and Conference Ctr. and woke up this morning to the police outside our room.

Apparently some lowlifes broke the window out of a lady racers truck(Davinia ) and rifled through her truck and race trailer.

Fortunately it appears that nothing is missing, due to the fact, that she brought everything of value into her hotel room last night. (including her bike!) Her truck was right outside our window and we never heard a thing.
    This has happened many times before here in Pueblo so please be aware of this fact and always take steps to protect your valubles while in Pueblo!!!

Tammy

Did the hotel have security cameras in the parking lot?
    Chris

"Adrenaline has blocked my fiscal sensibility."

Quote Originally Posted by turbohoje
    i gather you will be attending the Shellinger Institute of Conquest this summer.

glenngsxr
    It's Pueblo, what do you think? glenn #62

Senior Member Expert
    I have a sticker on my jeep "Its a Glock Thing, you wont understand" I think this wards off my jeep from being broken into, also I am sleeping inside with my glock as a pillow. So if they wanna get in, they probly will, but they wont get out. lolz

Senior Member Amateur
    maybe that says "guns in this car if you need one" to a theif?
    Justin Meyer

Senior Member Expert
    well they would have a hard time getting it, sense im sleeping in the car : P

Senior Member Amateur
    Thats the one good thing about sleeping at the track IMO. Don't really have to worry about those people. I'd feel really sorry for someone who came to the track and tried to do that at night, Hoopty's a light sleeper :twisted:
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    FWIW, whenever I'm hotelling it in Pueblo (or anywhere for that matter) I always leave my stuff at the track. It's just too vulnerable parked outside of a hotel - and I trust the MRA peeps to keep an eye on my stuff.

I did share this nugget with Davina, and I suspect she'll be leaving her stuff at the track in the future.

Nice girl, by the way... Shame somebody had to bust into her shit.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    The SOBs also hit the LaQuinta (where I stayed) and the Best Western next door! I know better than to leave any valuables in my truck! Knock on wood, I've never been burglarized. I HATE thieves!!!
    Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult.

Kip "Hollywood" Book
    Track Marshal 2008
    Head Corner Marshal - '05, '06, '07
    MotoGP Laguna Seca - '05 (Corner Worker), '06, '07, '08, '09 (NMP Medic)
    Lovin' the Corner Marshal gig since '98!

Cornermarshal@yahoo.com

Member Amateur
    I wonder if the Pueblo police could be interested in setting up a sting operation during the next races and get some of these asshats off the streets?

Senior Member Amateur
    This absolutely is the worst for you as a customer, us as a track and the City of Pueblo. Yep, I'm furious. ANYONE WANTING TO LEAVE THEIR GOODS AT THE TRACK ARE WELCOME TO. I personally know the Track Manager, The security guy and myself all carry and will not have the slightest problem in taking care of this type of effin scum.

Ene

:twisted:

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlene
    This absolutely is the worst for you as a customer, us as a track and the City of Pueblo. Yep, I'm furious. ANYONE WANTING TO LEAVE THEIR GOODS AT THE TRACK ARE WELCOME TO. I personally know the Track Manager, The security guy and myself all carry and will not have the slightest problem in taking care of this type of effin scum.

Ene

:twisted:

This is why we love you.
    Chris

"Adrenaline has blocked my fiscal sensibility."

Quote Originally Posted by turbohoje
    i gather you will be attending the Shellinger Institute of Conquest this summer.