Thread: Visual Pre-Inspection Please.

Member Amateur

Visual Pre-Inspection Please.

Hey guys and gals, would you please do a visual inspection on my street to track conversion for this weekend. Let me know if there is something that I missed or if something doesn't look right. I did safety wire the radiator cap too. The pictures can been seen here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=21600

You know I'm losing sleep when I'm posting this late and have to go to work tomorrow morning!!!

Thanks for your help!

Curtis
    MRA #731
    07 R1

Senior Member Expert
    Looks puuuuuuuurty good.... One question (Only cause I got burned a few years back for it) The safety wire on your front brake pins (the half moon ones) Do they swivel freely and have no friction on them? To allow full movement of the pads off the rotors after braking? Just thought Id make sure.... I had mine to tight once and had a very interesting trip into turn 1 after my pads were damn near melted away.....

Oh and you dont need those gold metal dust plates on your front brakes.... they just keep heat in and protect your bike from brake dust.... You can ditch them if you like.....

Other than that Q..... nice job...... now get you some tylenol PM's cause I know U gonna be up all night before your 1st race weekend.... :wink:

Senior Member Expert
    Looks really good. Only thing I noticed that Ray-Ray might have an issue with is the rear brake resevoir. I'm pretty sure it needs to be duct taped or maybe a sweat band put over it. Everything else is looking good. Come by the Young Blood Racing pits if you need anything. We'll also be giving out free Monster Energy drinks to help you stay awake on saturday after being up all night on friday lol.

Welcome to the addiction!!!
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    Looks really good. Only thing I noticed that Ray-Ray might have an issue with is the rear brake resevoir. I'm pretty sure it needs to be duct taped or maybe a sweat band put over it. Everything else is looking good. Come by the Young Blood Racing pits if you need anything. We'll also be giving out free Monster Energy drinks to help you stay awake on saturday after being up all night on friday lol.

You are correct Mr. Youngblood! Tape is required over the FRONT res and in the case of the R1 the rear as well.

BTW- The more Monster GREEN drink in my pits each race weekend would be a GOOD thing... hint hint hint hint
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    Come by the Young Blood Racing pits if you need anything. We'll also be giving out free Monster Energy drinks to help you stay awake on saturday after being up all night on friday lol.

Hopefully some sugar free ones? mmm me love energy drinks... Between you and HoopD's Go Fast I should be awake for 3-4 days at a time... 8)

Member Amateur
    I think you need more Cowbell.

[/img]
    Brian Peterman #323

F#$k You and Every Mall Santa That Looks Like You!!!

....RIP Tourettes Guy

Senior Member Expert
    Gimme some COWBELL!! 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

President Expert
    MRA #29

Member Amateur
    I have a fever and the only prescription is....MORE COWBELL!!!!

Keep this up and you all will be wearing golden diapers!!!

Brian Peterman #323

F#$k You and Every Mall Santa That Looks Like You!!!

....RIP Tourettes Guy

Member Amateur
    Thanks for all your help!!! Bluedevil, I'll double check the safety wire on the brake pads and ensure the pins move freely. Dragos13 and Ray-Ray thanks for pointing out the duct tape requirements. I'll definitely stop by to get a energy drink. LOL......CowBell...

Thanks again.

See ya at the races!
    MRA #731
    07 R1