Thread: Suspension work. Single Track Mind/ fixmybike.com

Member Amateur

Suspension work. Single Track Mind/ fixmybike.com

I thought I would post up some contact information seeing as the season is closing in quickly...

The website is www.fixmybike.com and the phone number is (970) 222-9597.

We recently became an authorized Ohlins dealer, as well as doing valving and Penske shocks from GP Suspension.

Current turn around time is 24 hours on most servicing- we keep fork seals for every major bike (and some minor ones) back at least 2 generations in stock, and we have all Penske seals and the Ohlins main seals in stock. We also keep most springs in stock; 0.85, 0.90, 0.95, and 1.0 fork springs are on the shelf, as well as shock springs in 6 and 7 inch lengths between 425 lbs/in and 1000 lbs/in in 25 to 50 pound increments. (Yeah, it's a lot of springs.) Obviously we have fluid in 5, 7.5, and 10 wt, and the special shock fluid from Motorex as well.

Fork valving is taking about 3 days to get here unless we need it tomorrow, then it's here tomorrow.

For reference, the suspension on the current No. 1 plate bike consists of GP valving and springs (about $500 parts AND labor) and a Penske triple rear (about $1200. And I don't think we ever used the high-speed compression adjuster...) That's it. Well, that, and a lot of time and fine tuning.

As of right now, we're planning on being at all of the MRA rounds.

Thanks much.
    dave.

Senior Member Expert
    Huge props to Dave, I would never of had the season I did last year without his help. Trust me when I say if you think your bike is set up properly it probably isnt, I thought i knew what I was doing but when I started working with Dave last year I found I had a lot to learn and setting a bike up to go around corners properly 8)

Senior Member Amateur
    Another plug for Dave! The man did an EXCELLENT job on rebuilding the front forks on my F4i.
    Chris

"Adrenaline has blocked my fiscal sensibility."

Quote Originally Posted by turbohoje
    i gather you will be attending the Shellinger Institute of Conquest this summer.

Senior Member Amateur
    More props for Dave, he's been helping with my racing since I started 5 years ago. He's a great supporter of the sport, an excellent mechanic and technical thinker, plus a great friend too.

Senior Member Expert
    if you havent talked to dave about your suspension you are missing out on alot.

dave is not going to tell you that you have to spend X amount of dollars to get you bike to handle. he will work with you to find a solution for your suspension needs. This has personally saved me money and headaches.

he is especially good a readying my horrible hand illustrations when im trying to explain what is wrong with the suspension.

at the very least you have to let him push on your bike before a session. i think alot of you will be surprised and very happy with the result!
    Benny Tozzi #78
    Tri City Cycle
    Check out Dave@SingleTrackMind for your suspension needs!
    www.fixmybike.com

www.getwellclarkie.com

Senior Member Expert
    Dave = good
    MRA #816
    Me
    Myself
    If you aint 1st, you're last