Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Track condition...

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    :?

i'm not gonna take that sitting down, so hang on a minute and i'll stand up.
    Drop a gear and disappear.......

Asshat Racing: Mra #228
    2000 r6, (SOLD)
    www.TribalTrading.com
    www.Taycoscreenprinting.com
    Bashed Bikes
    JDH Welding

www.asshatracing.com
    www.pikesperkcafe.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cheetah 612
    And what about those Tiger Teeth, Alligator Things, whatever you want to call them on the exit curbs? What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenStrip
    I think the ridges on tiger teeth are too aggressive. I saw someone in front of me hit them and his bike got loose under him and he went off the track. Also why isn't there tiger teeth on the exit of turn two? I have a hard time coming out of turn two because the dirt and the track are the same color.
    After a 3 page thread of some info worth reading, and some not, both times the 'Tiger Teeth' were brought up nobody had a reply. Does anyone know what the reasons were behind adding these to the track? I've heard from some that they're supposed to be MORE MOTIVATION for riders to STAY AWAY from the edge of the track:?: Riiiight. What's the story behind the concrete whoop sections? :shock:
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
    Yep you got it clarkie, I suck at racing...
    never said that Dingle, it's bad form to put words in another persons mouth :wink:

tell me, you have how many years racing?
    how many bones have you broken racing?
    how many times have you hit a wall or tire barrier?

when you spend a few more years racing you will learn that self preservation is very high on a lot of racer's list. Saying someone should "grow a set of balls and suck it up" is insulting to those people that have been seriously injured on the track and as a result choose to ride/race at their own pace.

Just remember we all ride for different reasons Dingle, and I can guarantee you will be surprised at how different each racer's reasons can be :wink:
    I always love your little spats. You two fight like an old married couple. Do I sense a little sexual tension between you two?
    Brian Peterman #323

F#$k You and Every Mall Santa That Looks Like You!!!

....RIP Tourettes Guy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy
    And what about those Tiger Teeth, Alligator Things, whatever you want to call them on the exit curbs? What do you guys think?
    I think the ridges on tiger teeth are too aggressive. I saw someone in front of me hit them and his bike got loose under him and he went off the track. Also why isn't there tiger teeth on the exit of turn two? I have a hard time coming out of turn two because the dirt and the track are the same color.
    After a 3 page thread of some info worth reading, and some not, both times the 'Tiger Teeth' were brought up nobody had a reply. Does anyone know what the reasons were behind adding these to the track? I've heard from some that they're supposed to be MORE MOTIVATION for riders to STAY AWAY from the edge of the track:?: Riiiight. What's the story behind the concrete whoop sections? :shock:
    They are there to motivate the cars to stay away from the edges of the asphalt. When cars use the edges it erodes both the asphalt and the dirt, leading to the "drop off".
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    :?

Bummer
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Member Amateur
    It was my first time back to Pueblo (in the saddle) in 7 years. I appreciated the "tiger teeth" as they gave me a clearer impression of track placement. It helped with the "reference point" portion of riding... at least for me. My first session out there, I was really intimidated -- but I was able to get up to decent speed by my third session.

The T10 thing had me for a loop - I even ran right up to the outside of the turn and stopped once - how embarrasing ops: Only in my third session did I even start to carry any demonstrable speed through there. Of course it was just plain black.... A couple orange or white lines or x's would have been cool to help with orientation.

See you up there is a few weeks.

Kurt
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by vonconcepts.com
    It was my first time back to Pueblo (in the saddle) in 7 years. I appreciated the "tiger teeth" as they gave me a clearer impression of track placement. It helped with the "reference point" portion of riding... at least for me. My first session out there, I was really intimidated -- but I was able to get up to decent speed by my third session.

Kurt

Perhaps I should try some of that VonWater
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Member Amateur
    Still a couple spots left for the discount --- don't be shy.... :wink: Directions are in the supporting Vendor Area. I got to try it last weekend at one of our meetings.... I was blown away at how well it worked.... better than I expected.
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    They are there to motivate the cars to stay away from the edges of the asphalt. When cars use the edges it erodes both the asphalt and the dirt, leading to the "drop off".

Sorry. Can't let it go. The 'Tiger Teeth' are there to PROTECT THE EDGE OF THE ASPHAULT? They appear to put us RIDERS @ more potential risk than shooting straight off the pavement into the dirt. If we get pushed into/hit those at speed, I can't imagine recovering would be very likely. Has this type of thing been deemed "SAFE" on other tracks? Look what happened to Rainey. After an easy lowside he was fine untill he hit a DIRT speedbump that caused total chaos. We've brought a concrete roller coaster ride to the very edge of our common lines. If anything out there needs to be protected, it's all of us. :?
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO

Sorry. Can't let it go. The 'Tiger Teeth' are there to PROTECT THE EDGE OF THE ASPHAULT? They appear to put us RIDERS @ more potential risk than shooting straight off the pavement into the dirt. If we get pushed into/hit those at speed, I can't imagine recovering would be very likely. Has this type of thing been deemed "SAFE" on other tracks? Look what happened to Rainey. After an easy lowside he was fine untill he hit a DIRT speedbump that caused total chaos. We've brought a concrete roller coaster ride to the very edge of our common lines. If anything out there needs to be protected, it's all of us. :?
    they aren't as bad as they look to ride across, if you end up on the tiger teeth, just stand up on your pegs, stay on the gas and drive off of them. it will only take you a couple of times of getting your teeth chattered and you won't hit them as often :lol: if you don't look at them, that will also help keep you from hitting them
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Senior Member Amateur
    My 2008 Pueblo race bike.

Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Junior Member Novice
    Addressing the new exit curbs at 8 and 9, they are no more aggresive the the ones at 3, 4 6A and 6B.

Senior Member Amateur
    All right, very good. I realize the Pueblo crew wouldn't do anything to jeopardize racers safety, most recently proven when big $$$ were dropped on #10. That being said, thanks to all that have made the magic happen. This is us looking forward to the goods in '08. Game on.
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Member Amateur
    Hey Doughboy did you notice your forum join date is jan "24" 2008. You're so Lame!! but nice avatar.
    Brian Peterman #323

F#$k You and Every Mall Santa That Looks Like You!!!

....RIP Tourettes Guy

Senior Member Amateur

Track condition

First of all I would like to thank PMI and the MRA. For getting it resolved Turn 10 is the bomb Soo Smooooth full throttle. That is all I have to say about that. Thanks
    James W.
    MRA #98
    2007 AMU GTU Champion
    Sponsors: Vickery Motorsports , Michelin, Vanmar Racing, , www.superbike.net, Ferodo Brakes, Vortex , APE, Brake Tech and Down to Earth Dental.

Senior Member Expert

Re: Track condition

Quote Originally Posted by James W
    First of all I would like to thank PMI and the MRA. For getting it resolved Turn 10 is the bomb Soo Smooooth full throttle. That is all I have to say about that. Thanks
    +1, great turn and seems much faster then before.
    Casey D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123