Be sure you're making the necessary suspension and ride-height adjustments as you move from one tire to the next as well.

I've done equally poorly on Bridgies, Dunlop and Michelins in the past decade - and even less well on Metzelers (pre-pirelli) and Yokohama's in previous decades! From all my research, I can tell you that NOBODY produces a tire that can make me fast.... turns out the problem is me, not the tires.

But there are subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) differences in the height of the tires and so if you take a Dunlop rear off and put a Michelin rear on - your bike will steer like sh!t because the michelin is a much shorter tire (at least in my tire size) and it will change the geometry of your bike enough that you WILL notice the difference in how it handles.

Same concern for the fronts. MY michelin front is taller than the bridgie front. Same issue with changing the geometry and handling characteristics, so I'll need to compensate for that. Taller enough that I need to extend the ride height to keep the tire out of my belly-pan and radiator under braking. Can you dig what I'm saying here?

Before you decide that a tire sucks, better make sure it's not actually your setup that sucks. You might be surprised what you find...