Thread: Introduction to Road Racing Clinic

Senior Member Expert

Introduction to Road Racing Clinic

Everyone,

A number of us have been fielding questions from riders who are interested in road racing in Colorado. These questions have ranged from what kind of gear should a new racer buy, how do I prep my bike to meet the minimum "tech standards", what are the differences is street and race tires, and where can someone find the information needed about starting.

So what is the answer? A number of us were brainstorming about how we can help people that are interested in making the jump to becoming a racer. What we came up with is a Introduction to Road Racing Clinic.

We would like to invite all riders who are interested in making that jump into racing

When April 6 10:30 am
    WHere Vanmar
    3945 E 50th Ave
    Denver, CO

Cost FREE

We will have presentations from:

Joe LoGalbo will be talking about bike prep
    Kris Hillman will be discussing the need for quality gear
    Mark Schellinger will be explaining the differences between race and street tires and provide information on how to get involved with the MRA
    Dave Rose will talk about suspension adjustment and geometery set up

Scott Rybarik will also be bbq'n lunch

Our goal for this clinic is to provide some insight on how someone can make the tranistion from the street to the track. Maybe we will be able to con someone of you to come race with us this year!

This clinic would be perfect for all the ladies that are interested in racing the new LOR series and any new novice rider/racer that want to make the jump to being a racer

If you are interested please RSVP to Tammy Schellinger at 303-322-3221 or vanmarracing@mindspring.com

If you have any questions please let me know... joe@rebellionmotorsports.com

We would also like to invite any experienced racer that would be interested in acting as a mentor to a new racer. Kind of like a "adopt a novice" program. We would ask that you make yourself availible during the season to answer questions and offer tips.

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Junior Member Novice
    Sounds like a great idea!! It's hard being an orphan novice. Maybe someone can show me where that pesky exhaust bearing is. :twisted:

Senior Member Expert
    Joe:

This should be a lot of fun, too. I'll be there to act as charge-de-camp. I'm looking forward to meeting our newest racers. Seems like I learn as much frojm their questions as I do half the time running my own season.
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Expert
    to the top...please don't forget to rsvp with Tammy so we know how much food to bring

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Junior Member Novice
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to put this on! I learned a lot.

Rick