Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Practice price

Senior Member Expert
    I was looking at 2 sprint races ONLY, no practice due to the fact that some clubs offer full day practice, some half, some are trackday affiliates so it can not be compared apples to apples.

2 RACES 3 RACES

SMRI $100 $140

AFM* $125/140 $175/200

CCS SW $160 $210

WERA
    sport $130 $180

WERA $150 $210
    national

MRA $150 $170

These are the number I came up with, how you got yours I am unsure. I did not want to register with MOM to get thiers.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x

MRA $170 $190
    These are not representative of our costs. These are the prices listed on the FAX entry form. In order to encourage people to use the online system online entries are $20 less, and have been for the last couple years.

2 races = $150 3 races = $170

(I hope this isn't confusing the hell out of everyone reading - obviously these numbers are from before the new 'practice included' pricing for 2008)
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    I have one question that might be a dumb one...if the race fees went up $30, is this for both saturday and sunday? If it is, then essentially your paying $60 for practice on saturday since it was included on sunday last year....?

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
    I have one question that might be a dumb one...if the race fees went up $30, is this for both saturday and sunday? If it is, then essentially your paying $60 for practice on saturday since it was included on sunday last year....?
    no i dont think so, I think the cost of the first race entred is increased,, doesn't matter which day it's on,

basic the club just expanded the racing to a full 2 days under a all day racing format.

Senior Member Expert
    Only the entry fee for your first sprint race has gone up. So, you pay $30 more overall, and get practice for free all weekend.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Well I have read this thread regularly though decided it was not a battle I wanted to partake in.... In fact I thought it was dumb... If you didnt want the extra cost of practice, the best idea was shut up and not practice on Sat..... Instead, for those of us who could not afford to practice on Sat and DONT anyway.... You just got a nice rate increase for EVERYONE !!

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5915

Thanks a lot I hope some of you are proud of yourselves, this will inevitably only push the extreme budget race like myself and possible new budget racers out of the club !!!!

(Sorry for the anger filled post)

Senior Member Expert
    I see it now, thanks!

Dion, my rate went down by $20.....

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO

MRA $170 $190
    These are not representative of our costs. These are the prices listed on the FAX entry form. In order to encourage people to use the online system online entries are $20 less, and have been for the last couple years.

(I hope this isn't confusing the hell out of everyone reading - obviously these numbers are from before the new 'practice included' pricing for 2008)
    Your correct Glen, I just got that off the 2008 entry form PDF. Sorry about that.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    I think this is a perfect solution. Well done guys/gals.

Sorry that it went up for (half the club?) $30.00. But isn't that a seriously tiny chunk compared to what we spend every single race weekend? I know that if I packed our dinner both nights instead of going out with everyone we'd save twice that much each weekend. I guess I"m just saying there are ways to cut down costs that we don't always see right away. All we can do now, is take it in stride and make it work, or get pissed off about it and quit racing.
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Amateur
    I see it now, thanks!

Nice dingle, maybe you can rub some salt or lemon juice in Dion's wound also....

Senior Member Expert

Ofcourse it did... Im subsidizing it now :roll:

The simple fact was that anyone who wants to practice on Sat and does.... ALWAYS will..... No matter what this schedule change did...... It has no affect on them..... In reality it had little to no affect on very many people at all....... The ones who didnt practice and/or could not afford to, just had their rates go up.....

Our wonderful government takes part in this all the time... Rich guy who didnt care and could afford it anyway gets tax break, and poor / middle class gets to decide between Ramen and cup of Noodle for his kids to eat that night.....

(mmmm thinks to self, Can I become an Endurance racer ONLY now? I hear dirt bike racing is pretty cheep these days....)

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    I was looking at 2 sprint races ONLY, no practice due to the fact that some clubs offer full day practice, some half, some are trackday affiliates so it can not be compared apples to apples.

2 RACES 3 RACES

SMRI $100 $140

AFM* $125/140 $175/200

CCS SW $160 $210

WERA
    sport $130 $180

WERA $150 $210
    national

MRA $150 $170

These are the number I came up with, how you got yours I am unsure. I did not want to register with MOM to get thiers.
    Seems to me that we are right in the ballpark - and since ours includes practice now (both days) we're actually the better value - even with the increase.

Note too that you didn't take gate fees into account. You can't selectively include or exclude costs associated with the weekend to come up with numbers that favor your case. Especially since this whole thread started about practice fees - they need to be included.

The MRA fee structure definitely favors people who race more races. Because we are a "fixed expense" club (essentially same cost to put the day on whether 10 or 200 people show up) we have higher rates for the first race - to be sure at least our base expenses are covered. After that, our cost per race goes down considerably. If anyone is bored to death, they should figure our 4 and 5 races entered too - and I think you'll see that we are by far the least expensive.

What does it cost to enter the facility, practice, and race for the weekend? That's apples to apples. And racing with the MRA is a heck of a deal!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by TBSgraphics
    Nice dingle, maybe you can rub some salt or lemon juice in Dion's wound also....
    I was pointing out the fact that not everyones fee's went up....

Senior Member Expert
    I was pointing out the fact that not everyones fee's went up....
    I caught that...... No worries.... I see what you meant..
    This just turned out to be a moot situation that ended up screwing the minority worse than it would have originally if things had been left alone.... but the nice thing is the majority (the folks who practice on Sat anyway) got a price break... Though by assumption may have been the folks who needed it the least.....

In reality. I guess Ill take my own advice at this point and shut up....

Senior Member Expert

MRA $170 $190

Your correct Glen, I just got that off the 2008 entry form PDF. Sorry about that.
    No worries.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Amateur
    So if you specifically do not want to pay for and do not want to practice in morning practice for Sat. you're now screwed? Is there any way to opt out of Sat. morning practice or are 50% of the racers now stuck subsidizing the practice of everyone else?

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cu260r6
    So if you specifically do not want to pay for and do not want to practice in morning practice for Sat. you're now screwed? Is there any way to opt out of Sat. morning practice or are 50% of the racers now stuck subsidizing the practice of everyone else?

Your stuck subsidizing....

Senior Member Amateur
    According to the announcement thread only 50% of racers practice on a normal Sat. weekend, so this is screwing just as many people as it's helping. The only thing it helps is producing more revenue for the club, but that should be spread towards the riders who get more time on the track. Why not just charge more for the races on Sat. instead?

Thanks Chris #915 for whining our way into this, and my wallet thanks you too.

Senior Member Expert
    Why not just charge more for the races on Sat. instead?

That would not fix the SS only and Nov riders..... It would bring you back to the original reason for the arguement of "why do the Sat riders get screwed by having to pay and Sun riders dont....?" (You have come full circle with that solution) The answer is there is no answer.... Everyone will not be happy....

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil
    "why do the Sat riders get screwed by having to pay and Sun riders dont....?"
    This seems apparent, because they chose to race on Sat. If I chose to race on Mon it would be a lot cheaper than Sunday too.

Senior Member Expert
    The only thing it helps is producing more revenue for the club <snip>
    No, it doesn't produce more revenue for the club, the way the numbers work out it's essentially a wash.

But let's say it DID produce more revenue - why is that a bad thing? Heaven forbid your club should be financially healthy. It's not as if excess revenues go into MY pocket, or anyone else's for that matter, the money is spent on things that make the club better, like the new truck, new radios, announcing equipment, etc, etc, etc.
    The GECCO

Senior Member Amateur
    But let's say it DID produce more revenue - why is that a bad thing?
    If the club needs more money to function correctly then fee increases are certainly justifiable, but given this was a discussion about the disparity in practice price that's hardly the issue.

Senior Member Amateur
    HOLY S**T........you guys have a lot of time on your hands!! Anybody want to volunteer for the board?!?!? 00--00

Senior Member Expert
    Or volunteer for the PR Committee...
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks Chris #915 for whining our way into this, and my wallet thanks you too.
    YOU SPECIFICALLY are welcome. Clearly this was not what I wanted to see. I think it should have been something along the lines of the Sun format. But since it was voted on with one lone dissenting vote it must have been a convincing point of view from the board. I was not in the state so my vote was not cast. Where was your vote?

To anyone else who would like to flame me, have at it. I would ask the question and go through this again in a heart beat, I thought it was NOT in the best interest of keeping or acquiring new racers. And I stand by that. PERIOD!! The solution is worse than the original problem in my view, but the group that showed up voted on it and that's that.

And to anyone on the board that thinks this was a poke or attack, the above commit applies to you too.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    Sponsored by

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast