Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Practice price

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoSix
    If it is initialed on Saturday, that rider can't practice Sunday.

If it is not initialed on Saturday (meaning they did not practice on Saturday), they can practice on Sunday.

If they want to practice both days, pay $50.
    Why should they have to pay for Sat morning practice for racing the same races as last year, on Sunday, that got them free practice last year. When they split the sunday sched, this year, into 2 days?
    It is a simple suggestion:

Sunday practice is 3 or 4 sessions total over the last few years.

You {could} have those 3 or 4 sessions total on Saturday, or you {could} have them on Sunday.

Since the race weekend is now split in two, you {could} decide for yourself when you wanted to use your "free" practice time, but you {could} not have them both days and get double the practice time you got last year.

If you want to double your practice time, pay the $50 and stop whining.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    I guess to make it more like last year, if you have sprints on Saturday, you get two practice sessions for free on Saturday. Just as you would if the race was on Sunday, and much like if you race endurance, you get endurance practice for free. If you want the full saturday session, pay $50. I never really thought of the novices who only run novice races. They pretty much have to pay for the practice in order to be on a bike before the actually warm up lap. Since sunday practice remained the same, then Sunday practice should remain free.

Does that sound fair to everyone?
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13
    I guess to make it more like last year, if you have sprints on Saturday, you get two practice sessions for free on Saturday. Just as you would if the race was on Sunday, and much like if you race endurance, you get endurance practice for free. If you want the full saturday session, pay $50. I never really thought of the novices who only run novice races. They pretty much have to pay for the practice in order to be on a bike before the actually warm up lap. Since sunday practice remained the same, then Sunday practice should remain free.

I don't race anything but Supersport.

Why should I pay $50 to practice on Saturday where if I raced Superbike, I would get my practice free?

( this is the question that is being asked )
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert

Why should I pay $50 to practice on Saturday where if I raced Superbike, I would get my practice free?

( this is the question that is being asked )
    I said give 2 free rounds for anyone with a sprint race on saturday. I never said you should pay. Two rounds of practice is what you would get last year, and what you would get if you run SuperBike. if you need or want more, pay the $50.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    How many of you that are against paying a whole $50 would actually not practice if it were to stand as is?

and then...

How many of you would pay the whole $50 to practice if it were to stand as is?

my guess is, people are still going to pay no matter what but yes you still will have those that will not just to show a point. But it's their loss...

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DingleBerns
    But it's their loss...
    nice attitude Dingle

Senior Member Expert
    How many of you that are against paying a whole $50 would actually not practice if it were to stand as is?

and then...

How many of you would pay the whole $50 to practice if it were to stand as is?

my guess is, people are still going to pay no matter what but yes you still will have those that will not just to show a point. But it's their loss...
    Derek I almost never paid for practice since I started racing. I have a different reason for why I race than most. But regardless of why I didn't, the point is I did not and would not. I can afford it, that's not my issue, but some others may not. It sounds like you are fortunate, like me, that money is not the issue for you. But for new racers and old ones too, it may be, and for them this deal is not a good thing.

A limited session seems fairer to me than just saying tuff shit pay it and deal with it. That's not whats best for the club. They should be concerned with keeping racers and getting more in, this seems to me to be counter productive to that goal.

But it's their loss...
    Actually it could very well be OUR loss....
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    This will obviously come up at the meeting tonight, if anyone besides the typical dozen wants to attend.

In other words, if we have a quorum, something might get voted on
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    The board ...made the decision without our input so they could change it again without our input.
    That's not true. I made many phone calls to racers and asked thier input. One in particular, commenting on this thread is Clarkie.

I guess to make it more like last year, if you have sprints on Saturday, you get two practice sessions for free on Saturday. Just as you would if the race was on Sunday, and much like if you race endurance, you get endurance practice for free. If you want the full saturday session, pay $50.
    Nice idea, Casey. The only problem with that is control and monitoring. It's a lot harder than you think.

But if this was done to allow a NoV to come out for one day and go home, and make their day cheap, then this is not the answer. I love the schedule.
    The way we approached the single day novice issue was our notice that the majority of novices (not all, but most) come out to the races on Saturday, pay for their practice and spend the day. Then they must spend money on hotel rooms and eating out (probably another $100) and return for Sunday. So if they can get their whole race weekend in one day, even with having to pay for practice, then they actually save money.
    Glad you love the schedule!

This situation affects so few people. It doesn't even affect you because of your wonderful work with the website and forums, your racing is comped. We spent a lot of time researching and devising this schedule and think it will be better for the majority of racers. If it doesn't work, you can be sure we'll change it, but at least give it a chance.
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Amateur
    I propose that everybody pays for practice but your practice fee is based on how many races you do. The more races you do the cheaper it is. It kind of an incentive to do more races. Then you could have the same number of practices on saterday and sunday. Just a thought. Flame away
    mra #115
    07 CBR 600 RR
    09 Ninja 250

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosp600rr
    I propose that everybody pays for practice but your practice fee is based on how many races you do. The more races you do the cheaper it is. It kind of an incentive to do more races. Then you could have the same number of practices on saterday and sunday. Just a thought. Flame away
    It becomes an administrative nightmare to keep track of that sort of stuff. Keep it simple, stupid - is our motto.

Glenn is checking data and actual signups, etc. and it will be discussed tonight.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Geeze! My head is spinning all over! I'm still trying to figure out what to race, and when to practice. personally, I enjoyed my schedule of lazing around Saturday, getting things ready, practicing for Endurance, Racing Endurance, drinking beers, BBQ ing, etc, and practicing, and sprinting on Sunday.
    Time goes on, and change is inevetable, so let's have a good discussion tonight. Remember. Our board is made of VERY dedicated people who put a lot of time in to this whole process. If you think the money they make helps, ask them how many hours they put in each month. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't even sleep on the job for what it breaks down to for them! Our board rocks, so let's keep it civil.(If we can't I'm good for an old school gang style fight, but remember, I'll have just eaten, so close in, my breath.......)
    Fred SpongeButt Slowpants Roth
    MRA811
    I may be old, I may be slow, but..... aw rats, I'm old and slow.

Senior Member Amateur
    The practice price could all be set up online. Surely somebody knows how to make a program that could tell you your practice price when you do the online sign up before the race. If you wait to sign up for your races at the track then you have to pay a set fee for practice no matter how many races you do. Then its all taken care of online when you sign up. All that would have to be decided is how much to charge.
    mra #115
    07 CBR 600 RR
    09 Ninja 250

Senior Member Amateur
    sorry if that came out sarcastic. I just reread what I wrote and that was not my intention.
    mra #115
    07 CBR 600 RR
    09 Ninja 250

Senior Member Expert
    why dont we charge for Saturday & Sunday practice? financial health and all that.

or

why dont we trim down the number of rider reps or comped races for rider reps and let everyone practice for free on both days?
    MRA #816
    Me
    Myself
    If you aint 1st, you're last

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by cosp600rr
    The practice price could all be set up online. Surely somebody knows how to make a program that could tell you your practice price when you do the online sign up before the race. If you wait to sign up for your races at the track then you have to pay a set fee for practice no matter how many races you do. Then its all taken care of online when you sign up. All that would have to be decided is how much to charge.
    i think this is a good idea
    Benny Tozzi #78
    Tri City Cycle
    Check out Dave@SingleTrackMind for your suspension needs!
    www.fixmybike.com

www.getwellclarkie.com

Would it work if the fee for practice was cut in half?
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Amateur

Practice

Everyone talks about the MRA is down on new racers....Surely we can see why this is with the growing cost of everything in racing! This paying for a little time to practice to make sure your bike is working properly will make more than just a few wonder if it's really worth it!!! The club will not grow without new blood plain and simple.
    MRA #202
    Impact Karate Family Fitness
    TFOG

Senior Member Amateur
    I think they could accually make the price of practice cheaper than 50 because everybody has to pay. Then the mra gets the same money or more from practice and everybody that does saterday practice anyway would get it cheaper. The only people that would be upset with this is the ones who never did sat practice . Now there price would go up a little. But if those people are the same people that want to race on saterday then its a better deal for them because it would be less than 50.

Did I just confuse anybody but myself? Ha Ha
    mra #115
    07 CBR 600 RR
    09 Ninja 250

Senior Member Expert
    I was unable to make it to the meeting, but maybe they came to a conclusion....

Senior Member Expert
    I hope they take the time to look at it from a cost point for everyone. We are already a very expensive club (compared to others) and every little bit helps in retaining a new racer.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

I hope they take the time to look at it from a cost point for everyone. We are already a very expensive club (compared to others) and every little bit helps in retaining a new racer.

Do you realize what it cost to rent a track for a weekend? Do you know what it cost for insurance? Do you know what it cost for medics? Do you know what it cost for corner workers? Do you know what it cost for gate people? Do you think the "CLUB" is doing this to make money? NO! Come on Chris!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray

Do you realize what it cost to rent a track for a weekend? Do you know what it cost for insurance? Do you know what it cost for medics? Do you know what it cost for corner workers? Do you know what it cost for gate people? Do you think the "CLUB" is doing this to make money? NO! Come on Chris!
    To make this short, NO is my answer to all of your questions.
    Nothing I said in the above quote even remotely comes close to me SAYING OR IMPLYING that this is to make money for the club Ray. YOU decided to take it in that direction. Fact is we ARE one of the more costly clubs, PERIOD.

So do not throw your attitude at me with miss statements or interpretations about my post. You know me better than that Ray.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    Sponsored by

Senior Member Expert
    Fact is we ARE one of the more costly clubs, PERIOD.
    I would hope you have some data to back that up, because I don't think it's true.

Perhaps when you are only comparing entry fees it may LOOK that way, but it's only because there are other mandatory fees that more than make up the difference. Just as an example off the top of my head - I raced with the CRA at Mid-America and their entry fees were a little bit less than ours. Of course, what the entry fee form didn't tell you was that the reason the rates were lower is that their rental fees from the track were low, this is because the track made their money by having their personnel charge you $30 per person, per day to get in the gate. This was for EVERYONE, including racers who had paid entry fees to the club. If you wanted to camp overnight, it was another $50, and you still had to go back to the gate Sunday morning and pay the $30 to get your Sunday armband. So, while their club race fees were $30 or so less than ours, I paid an additional $110 directly to the track.

All I'm saying is make sure you're comparing apples to apples when comparing costs of various clubs.

We did come to a solution last night that was voted on by the members and passed overwhelmingly, I'll post something in the announcements section letting everyone know what it is.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray

To make this short, NO is my answer to all of your questions.
    Nothing I said in the above quote even remotely comes close to me SAYING OR IMPLYING that this is to make money for the club Ray. YOU decided to take it in that direction. Fact is we ARE one of the more costly clubs, PERIOD.

So do not throw your attitude at me with miss statements or interpretations about my post. You know me better than that Ray.

Chris - DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you spout off saying that the MRA is one of the most expensive clubs to race at.

I did the home work! Assuming that you race 3 races a weekend. NOT INCLUDING RACE LICENSE! Plus camping fees ect.

MRA
    $200 Racing which includes practice now.
    $0 gate fee

WERA
    $200 races
    $20 Gate fee
    $115 Practice

MOM
    $195 races
    $75 practice
    $? gate fee

CCS-Heartland
    $190 races
    $? practice listed on entry but I couldn't find what the cost is
    $? gate fee

AFM
    $200 races
    $115 practice
    $10 gate fee

SMRI
    $160 races
    $45 practice
    $? gate fee.

And you say I have an attitude. I understand your goal here is to get new racers to the club but this is NOT the way to do it!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast