Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 smokers

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    I ran Mains in the 170 - 180 range on my RS125... not sure why you guys would be drowning the poor little 125 with that much fuel...

Ask Marty (marty, where are you....??? chime in any time now....) and he'll tell you what he's been running on his 125.

Are there that significant differences between the RS and TZ 125??
    Dude - keihen vs mikuni!
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    doh! ops:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    I ran Mains in the 170 - 180 range on my RS125... not sure why you guys would be drowning the poor little 125 with that much fuel...

Ask Marty (marty, where are you....??? chime in any time now....) and he'll tell you what he's been running on his 125.

Are there that significant differences between the RS and TZ 125??
    i've been in contact with jsears but i got no clue on the yamamahas. he was the guy who had the 93 rs125. jsears, take motosix advice on a start and once we get your track cert, we can dial in from there
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Randy Miller at Speedwrench has a TZ125. He could tell you where to start as well. He's in the phone book, Denver.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Are Sean, Ty, Dale and these others aware of the fact we have all these TZ's racing these days.The lack of them the dropping of opur formula 2 and 3 classes is why they went else where in the first place! We rarely see John and Al these days and I personally miss seeing him lay waste to all in LWGPP on a 125. After seeing the USGPRU race at Firebird a couple times this year and seeing the kids on the minibikes, I think the MRA would be well served by proposing to them hosting a round in 09'. Do be prepared however, as the USGPRU has some very quick riders and it would only serve to raise the level of competition within our club. I've supported the idea for years and John and Al Hjelm can certainly point you in the right direction. The organization's top notch and you guys should maybe take a vote, draw up a proposal for the board to invite them to High Plains in 09'
    Maybe I should shut my mouth though as I no longer ride the class but have supported it for years through trophy sponsorship and I'd love to see it grow though I am cutting the throat of my own rider within the class and hope he doesn't see this or he'll never see that yet to be seen trophy he's trying to win! Anyhow great job the class is growing and it's really great to see you guys riding real racebikes!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoSix
    If you can get it to run on an R7 nozzle I would be amazed. Nothing leaner than an R4 at the middle clip on the needle, and I think I ran mine at an R5 on average. Start at 350 on the main, R5 on the nozzle, 1,5 turns on the air screw, and don't worry about the pilot or the power jet just yet. Start there and take the head off after the first 5-7 laps (and after each session) until you are confident you are close on the jetting.
    blah blah blah nozzle snozzle foshozzle

you know on my Honda RS250 we just changed needles and mains, and oh yeah I could rejet both carbs in about 10 minutes

Honda GP bikes RULE! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Are Sean, Ty, Dale and these others aware of the fact we have all these TZ's racing these days.The lack of them the dropping of opur formula 2 and 3 classes is why they went else where in the first place! We rarely see John and Al these days and I personally miss seeing him lay waste to all in LWGPP on a 125. After seeing the USGPRU race at Firebird a couple times this year and seeing the kids on the minibikes, I think the MRA would be well served by proposing to them hosting a round in 09'. Do be prepared however, as the USGPRU has some very quick riders and it would only serve to raise the level of competition within our club. I've supported the idea for years and John and Al Hjelm can certainly point you in the right direction. The organization's top notch and you guys should maybe take a vote, draw up a proposal for the board to invite them to High Plains in 09'
    Maybe I should shut my mouth though as I no longer ride the class but have supported it for years through trophy sponsorship and I'd love to see it grow though I am cutting the throat of my own rider within the class and hope he doesn't see this or he'll never see that yet to be seen trophy he's trying to win! Anyhow great job the class is growing and it's really great to see you guys riding real racebikes!
    the hjelms will be at hastings in july.

i proposed the idea on the usgpru forum last year to come and race at pmp but they weren't too keen on the idea. however, i think once we have hpr they may be more receptive.
    RS 125
    TZ 250

Member Amateur
    yea marty has been helping me. I was supposed to have called randy miller already but i havent got around to it. i was just hoping maybe one of you guys would know already from past experience. So a tz125 is just half a tz250 right?

thanks for the help, you guys rock.

i just got an email about another vanmar class on july 11th. im still debating going to laguna on the 12thish? for motogp. So we'll have to see.

Are any of you guys going to indy for the gp? Your favorite little bikes are going to be there. im set to meet a friend there from the east coast. It would be cool to share the driving with someone. I'll be getting a rental car for cheap ( i have a hook up).
    .................................................. ..........
    Skullcandy, FMF Intl, Dragon, Epic Motosports, Ogio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123