Two things-

One-
We really need corner workers for the race schools. If you have novice hours that need to be worked off, why not take care of them early at the school? This will not only relieve the burden of finding the time to work them off during a busy race weekend, but it will also help support your future competition. In fact, bring the whole family and crew and make a fun day of it! We could certainly use you.

Two-
In the past, there have been many complaints about finding the time to work off the required four hours of volunteer time supporting the various logistical aspects of running the MRA. To make it easier, last season, the board tried to ease that burden by allowing a rider so be sponsored by a member of their crew, family, or friends. This worked well in some cases, but on too many occasions, we would get a volunteer that would come out and work for an hour and bail. This defeats the purpose of being much help. To that end, I am going to require that any time worked be in a minimum of two hours. I ask that they be worked in full but I do understand that the race weekend can be crazy for some making a four hour block difficult. The minimum time requirements may also be amended by whomever you work hours for, for instance if you decide to help at score keeping and they decide they only need an hour of help then that will be acceptable.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Kip