Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress?

Senior Member Expert

Progress?

I know we just had the meeting four days ago, but....

Did all y'all get my email of the meeting notes.? If not, I need to put you on the email list.

Anyone made any progress on anything? Sorry, I've been busy being mouthy, but will get on my stuff tomorrow, promise.

Can we meet, oh damn, I was going to say the 14th, two weeks after our first meeting, but I think many of us will be busy. How about a short check-in meeting on the 11th, same time, same place? I imagine it will only last 1/2 hour.
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Expert
    I can make the 11th.

Performance Cycle is willing to allow us to do a meet and great. However, I would suggest we not schedule this until the weather is warmer.

I also wanted to ask that if anything was discussed during the meeting about retention efforts. It would seem to me that if we are losing a percentage of racers every year, it would be easier to retain them then recruit new.

And Donna, I received the first intro email but nothing since. My email is jlogalbo@msn.com. If you would check I would appreciate it

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    I think there is a board meeting on the 11th? 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

glenngsxr
    So far I believe Tammy has the myspace up and running. Margaret and I are working on the fliers. We are almost one with the design and then I will get them to the printer. I am having trouble getting displays. They are very big and costly. I will search for a better solution this week. Has anybody compiled a list of all the shops in Denver, Springs, and Pueblo that we would like to hit up? Just curious. Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277
    I think there is a board meeting on the 11th? 8)
    True.

What about doing it on the 13th immediately after the general meeting?
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    Either works for me. I figured before the board meeting would work, too, because it will be short. Just to check in and motivate!

as far as my contact with the denver radio company he is just kind of waiting to see what we need and what the MRA board approves for an on air ad, or wants to be said on air with me, or a spokesperson on air...I also talked to him about maybe having a radio station present on opening day at HPR and he said we could probably work something out.
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

link to the myspace?
    Louis J Ortiz Jr.
    L & L Racing #23

Mad-Moto, Scorpion EXO, Galfer USA, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Vortex, Uber Wheels Photography.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngsxr
    So far I believe Tammy has the myspace up and running. Margaret and I are working on the fliers. We are almost one with the design and then I will get them to the printer. I am having trouble getting displays. They are very big and costly. I will search for a better solution this week. Has anybody compiled a list of all the shops in Denver, Springs, and Pueblo that we would like to hit up? Just curious. Glenn #62
    No. I have a list of our trophy sponsors who should get first priority. Get one of our part-timers on that. You got the list of them? It says who is willing to take delegated tasks. Give Derek a break until after the Banquet. He is running the Silent Auction.

glenngsxr
    on that note, anyone willing to compile the trophy sponsor list as well as a list of all the shops in the front range. Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert
    I'll post the sponsor list tonight.

Senior Member Expert
    The 11th would have worked great, but the 13th I will be closing on a new house and beginning to move. Fortunately, I bought the house with the furniture and pot, pans, and dishes! All I needs the linens, bedspreads, towels and blankets, Hell, I even bought the artwork 4 the walls and TV. I've made progress with the phone campaign and am proceeding briskly. Donna I'll give you a shout the evening with an update.

Senior Member Amateur
    sascha and i are meeting with my friend lee from brandamp to discuss upping the club's exposure and getting some new press for LOR. we were supposed to do it today, but the storm in the mountains last night threw a wrench in that.

i've PM'd dave gallant on getting a media room page up on the site that has hi-res pics to download, as well as links to past articles and media exposure. the idea is to give media outlets a way to get hi res pics (with permission of course and proper credit for the photographers), and also see other articles written on the MRA.

i'll update more as we have more discussions with my PR friend.

Senior Member Expert
    I will be hosting the Brothers BBQ and MotoGP events. I think it will be a great opportunity to reach out to the street guys and try to get some on board. let me know how i can get fliers or anything else to hand out and help promote the MRA.
    Casey D

Solicitation for LoR Class Sponsorship - (Michelin sponsored!)

MRA program article (complete)

LoR illustration/logo for the race class (complete)

Postcards, that will display illustration/logo with 2008 race schedule and school dates, to be distributed to most CO sportbike / race shops, to include some in the surrounding state shops (i.e Hastings, NE and Albuquerque, NM) (in-progress)

Ad in Road Racing World magazine to promote LoR. (sent for May issue)

RRW online press releases (sent)

Collecting female racer bio's/photo's (complete, working PR with Mike L. and Lee H.)

sasha-

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar
    on that note, anyone willing to compile the trophy sponsor list as well as a list of all the shops in the front range. Glenn #62
    I can compile the list of shops.

Donna, I did not get the email please check that my email address is correct: 1oftheboys@comcast.net.
    I will be available the 11th but not the 13th. Have a business trip during the week.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

have you guys decided what you want on the banners? i would suggest as short and sweet as possible, big letters and minimal description. maybe "MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACING" and in small letters "THIS WEEKEND". maybe the MRA logo, but i may take up valuable room and i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.
    marty
    3032635089 cell
    RS 125
    TZ 250

glenngsxr
    Marty, I think that would be fine. Something like this would be fine. All of this centered. Motorcycle Roadracing
    This Weekend!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.
    That's exactly why I think the logo should be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cheetah 612
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    i'm not sure if folks would know who the MRA is.
    That's exactly why I think the logo should be on there.
    Marty, I think that would be fine. Something like this would be fine. All of this centered. Motorcycle Roadracing
    This Weekend!
    so logo or no logo? i think if we are looking for mra logo placement, then maybe we could do it once we have reeled some drive by traffic in off the street, but i will leave that for you guys to decide. i understand we want folks to know "who" we are, but in my opinion we should try to get them in the door before we try to establish product identity and keep banner space for larger lettering.

should we do a couple of banners that say "motorcycle roadracing this weekend" for outside the track and have a couple "mra" logo banners for inside the track?

BTW i have seen two spellings, is roadracing one or two words?

just let me know either way and i'll get crackin' on it :lol:
    RS 125
    TZ 250

oh i should also ask, i think "motor...racing" should be a bit larger than this weekend or at a minimum a different color, any thoughts, suggestions, etc?

also, could someone email me the "mra" logo
    RS 125
    TZ 250

glenngsxr
    Let's make it one word. Is there room on the sides for the MRA logo maybe going down or is that where the Miller lite logo is? If the miller logo is there, then we should not worry about the MRA logo on there. Too many centered words would be too cluttered. Glenn #62

Let's make it one word. Is there room on the sides for the MRA logo maybe going down or is that where the Miller lite logo is? If the miller logo is there, then we should not worry about the MRA logo on there. Too many centered words would be too cluttered. Glenn #62
    i wish they would let us have each side for the logo, but unfortunately in order to get the free banners the miller lt logos will have to be on each end. hard to argue with free though :lol:
    RS 125
    TZ 250

glenngsxr
    no doubt brotha. swag is good! You can save the logo from the homepage and use it if you wish. I would love to get it on there, but if it's too crowded then let's not. If you want to get creative Marty go for it. Could we do this?

Motorcycle Roadracing
    logo-This Weekend-logo

Senior Member Expert
    Yea, what Glenn said.

I'm not sure the logo on the MRA site is a high enough resolution. Let me see if I can get a better one.

You're the business man, Marty, so I'll defer to you on the MRA logo. Can we get another smaller banner or two on which to put the MRA logo?

"M/C Roadracing" should be bigger and in a different color than "this weekend"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast