Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRA versus CSC fundraising challenge!!

Senior Member Expert

MRA versus CSC fundraising challenge!!

ATTENTION ALL MRA MEMBERS!! You have been challenged by the members of the Colorado Sportbike Club to a fundraising competition!

It is up to you to defend your clubs honor and to make sure those crazy CSC members actually have to pay the gate fees to come and watch you strut your stuff on the track!

So, here's the deal:

- The fundraising challenge goes for two months, from February 1st to April 1st.

- Both clubs start at $0, previous donations don't count

- If the CSC members donate MORE than MRA members, each CSC member who donates at least $50 will receive an MRA punch card that will get them FREE entry to all MRA races for the 2008 season. (WHAT?!?! Let these people in for FREE?!?!)

- If the MRA raises more than the CSC, but the CSC raises at least 50% of the MRA amount, each CSC member who donates at least $50 will receive an MRA punch card that will get them 50% off entry to all MRA races for the 2008 season. (That's a little better, make 'em pay SOMETHING to come see the best show in Colorado...and Nebraska!)

- If the MRA raises more than twice as much as the CSC then those dirty scoundrels don't get squat - and we get to laugh all the way to the bank with THEIR DONATIONS!!!

So, c'mon now! Defend your clubs good name and send in a donation before April 1st so we won't be fools that day! All donations sent to the Phoenix PO box that have the MRA box checked on the donation form (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf...ation-Form.pdf), along with all donations sent via Paypal to MRA_CAMA@YAHOO.COM will count towards the MRA's total for the challenge. If you send your donation via Paypal please include your name, street address and phone number to insure both the MRA and you, personally, get credit for the donation!

The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    So Glenn, what you're saying is April 2 I will be accepting your concession for losing this contest by a mile... 8)

Yeah, it's on. :twisted:
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar
    Keep dreaming Ralph [-(
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Expert
    Damn Sheila, who's side are you on? :shock:

That's cold...
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur 1ofTheBoys's Avatar
    Luv ya Ralph, but I have to choose one side or the other for this and since I am a racer now....well you know what side I choose.

This is a win win situation no matter what and I think we should see a pretty good amount of donations from this great idea.
    Sheila Paul - Instructor
    Texas Tornado Boot Camp

Senior Member Expert
    does the auction money count for the MRA?

Senior Member Expert
    it counts for whomever the person paying designates it for. If they want it credited towards the CSC I will do that.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Damn Sheila, who's side are you on? :shock:

That's cold...
    Yea, Ralph, Sheila's one of us now! She came to the dark side
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Put me in for another Hundy. Can't stand the thought of Ralph beating me at anything, ever! :wink: I'll bring it to the banquet so as not to lose anything to Paypal.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    The section about the 3% fees no longer applies, you will get full credit for the amount you send via Paypal!
    I think Glen worked it so that 100% of the donations made via Paypal go entirely to the cause without a fee. 8)
    Chris Callahan
    Go Get Some.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Put me in for another Hundy. Can't stand the thought of Ralph beating me at anything, ever! :wink: I'll bring it to the banquet so as not to lose anything to Paypal.
    I'm already better looking. You have enough money to fix that??
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy
    The section about the 3% fees no longer applies, you will get full credit for the amount you send via Paypal!
    I think Glen worked it so that 100% of the donations made via Paypal go entirely to the cause without a fee. 8)
    This is true! Paypal it to MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com!
    The GECCO

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy
    This is true! Paypal it to MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com!

DONE!

And it goes on "next month's" credit card statement so I'll still have drinking money for the banquet! Yay!!!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    I'm already better looking. You have enough money to fix that??
    Just because your mom thinks so, doesn't necessarily make it true. ops:

But just in case it is, I propose the following wager between the two of us:

The "LOSER" has to submit to an "Extreme Makeover / Ugly Duckling" session - complete with hair, makeup and photo-shoot in an evening gown of the winner's choice - on Saturday night of the first Race Weekend at Pueblo. :shock:

That way we all can be SURE that you're the better looking of the two of us! :lol:
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Expert
    Heck Im even encouraging riders, friends, and family to sign up for CSC and donate $50+... Even if the CSC beats us (which we know they wont right?) Its still win/win..... We get a new track, and they get free up close specatatin of the best Motorcycle riders Colorado has to offer !!!!!

Senior Member Amateur
    Where do we stand on this? Can we get a count as to where we are?

Senior Member Expert
    The MRA is beating the CSC like a red-headed stepchild. I don't have the hard figures, but it's in the neighborhood of

MRA - $2000
    CSC - $550
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    Looks like Ralph is going to be the 13th month on the CSC calendar!

Senior Member Expert
    The MRA is beating the CSC like a red-headed stepchild. I don't have the hard figures, but it's in the neighborhood of

MRA - $2000
    CSC - $550
    Actually, come to think about it, the margin is even greater than that because the above number for the MRA only includes the money that has come through the paypal account, it doesn't include any MRA money that has been sent directly to CAMA. The CSC members must use the paypal account in order to get credit for the contest so they're total is pretty accurate.
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    Any update with this?
    Casey D

simply:

MRA M-R-ules

CSC C-S-ucks!

at fundraising anyway...

Ralph, did you pick out your sundress yet, or are you gonna let me?
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:

Senior Member Amateur
    CSC is staging a last minute rally...latest numbers are looking pretty good and they have had some large contributions from a few people....very impressive from the CSC and I applaud them for that. We will see if they can get there in the last hours. They have a person that will match whatever they raise here in the last bit to help out so possibly another $2K coming in.
    NICE JOB CSC!!
    "If you always do what you have always done; you will always get what you have always got."

Senior Member Expert
    Alright, MRA - it's time to defend your honor!! The CSC is about to send you home with your tail between your legs. In the last two months (in the last few days, actually) they have raised about $5000 and are close to winning the challenge.

They have already earned 50% off entry for the season, but if we let them win those dirty rats will be getting in the gates FOR FREE!! Shouldn't they have to PAY to get in and watch the best racing in Colorado? I think so, too, but we need some donations sent in by the end of the day to make sure that doesn't happen!!

Paypal your donations to MRA_CAMA@yahoo.com NOW!
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    I think the CSC just went over the top with their rallies....is there a final count Glenn?

Senior Member Expert
    I'm quite proud of what the CSC has done in the past few days. We went from about $550 a week ago, to nearly $6,600, pretty much from Friday through yesterday. Regardless of which club wins the challenge, I'm basically awestruck at the amount of money raised from BOTH clubs. This will make a definite impact in High Plains becoming a reality.

Glenn won't have final MRA numbers for several more days as I understand it, because if anyone sent anything through the mail-in account they will take some time to process. The CSC didn't have the benefit of that alternate method, so since all of ours were online-only that figure is easier to come by at the moment.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast