Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gate fee's???

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cheetah 612
    Oh yea, I almost forgot, Jim Brewer, the business man he is, must be out of town again or he would've chimed in by now.
    Bingo. I was in (not so) Sunnyvale, CA last week for work doing the manager thing. It wasn't a party. Sorry about getting behind on this scintillating discussion!
    Jim's Rider Rep. duties include being responsible for the Rules of this club .. bla bla .. rulebook .. bla bla .. Rules Change Committee .. bla bla .. computer guru .. bla bla .. announcing .. bla bla SuperMoto .. bla bla...
    Thanks Donna for the quick resume. Before "officially" getting on the board, I was pretty involved with the MRA PR committee from '95-'97 doing shows, distributing posters, schedule cards, and flyers. I wrote after race articles for Cycle News, American Roadracer (if you remember that), and Roadracing World for a couple years (although I don't think Ulrich printed any of mine).

I'm also "officially" trained as a MRA Corner Worker, have an approved whistle & pants and have earned my shirt - I'm pretty proud of that.

By virtue of seeing my dopey mug first when you click on "Contact the MRA" I get a decent amount of email from other club racers asking about the MRA, the discussion forum, or our rules, fees or other stuff. I always take that opportunity to talk us up, give advise on MRA specific bike prep (I know what other clubs do & don't do), registration processes, and offer to be their "host" when they come to the races.

Since I've raced with just about every other club in the nation, I know a bit what it's like when you go to a new club "cold" and have to run the gauntlet of license, signup, contingency, and procedures. Having a personal contact before even getting there is a HUGE help.

Oh, and what Donna didn't mention is that Rider Reps. are expected to teach at the new riders' schools as well as attend all the board and general meetings.

As Teaus Baggus said, if you want to have a board job, then start doing one before asking to get elected.

Senior Member Amateur
    Glenn I for one do appreciate everything you do for this club. The votes that are casted for you are because of everything you do and everything you have DONE for this club. I fear the day you no longer are the President of the MRA personally.

I keep hearing that this thread (or parts of it) weren't an attack on anyone, gimme a break. You can call it whatever you want but call it like it is. Glenn was elected President by the club, obviously the majority doesn't feel the same way as you do.

I may not be a racer (yet) but I have been around for more than 5 years and I've seen everything Glenn and the entire board have done and I truly appreciate it.

Carry on the bashing.
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty
    Sexiest Pit Crew Mamacita to #33

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashli
    Carry on the bashing.
    Your man is a cheater on his F3!

And when are you going to quit pit bitching for Hoopty and make him bitch for you?

oh, and thank you for your remarks. I personally didn't think there was any bashing going on, just a lively conversation.
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Amateur
    Carry on the bashing.
    Your man is a cheater on his F3!

And when are you going to quit pit bitching for Hoopty and make him bitch for you?
    Ha! lol
    I love that F3, working on racing this year, were buying a house so funding for two racers is kinda out there. We'll see what pans out for us.

Yeah, may not be bashing but definitely isn't complimenting LOL
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Senior Member Expert
    Okay, so the F3 may not be a cheater bike, but maybe Hoopty could cut down a little to fund you. Or maybe he could quit crashing so much, that would free up a bunch of cash!
    Donna (Bowden) Turner MRA #612
    2006-2009 MRA Rider Representative
    2006 Modern Vintage GTU Class Champion
    2008 Ladies of the Rockies Champion
    http://www.WildCheetahRacing.com
    http://www.wildcheetahracing.com/_borders/banner.jpg

Senior Member Amateur
    Okay, so the F3 may not be a cheater bike, but maybe Hoopty could cut down a little to fund you. Or maybe he could quit crashing so much, that would free up a bunch of cash!
    We'll see what we can do. At least one race or something.

Ha ha ha, well I can't be mad at him for crashing 4 times this year since he went without crashing for 2 full seasons before that!

See you guys at the banquet!
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Senior Member Expert
    Ha ha ha, well I can't be mad at him for crashing 4 times this year since he went without crashing for 2 full seasons before that!

its amazing what can happen when you are riding someone elses bike :twisted:
    Casey D

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos13

its amazing what can happen when you are riding someone elses bike :twisted:
    Not anymore! :twisted:
    **2004 CRF250X**
    Lets get dirrrrrrrrrty!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123