Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCS SW January 12-13th event

Senior Member Expert

CCS SW January 12-13th event

Is anyone interested in a little early 08' racing? I'm thinking about heading down to get dialed in and was wondering if anyone's interested? Should be a good time to drag the old elbows and knees and Phoenix's weather can be quite agreable this time of year though I must add getting there and back can be a bit of a challange!

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah I didn't think so.........

Senior Member Expert
    i would go, but i dont think my motor will be done by then
    Benny Tozzi #78
    Tri City Cycle
    Check out Dave@SingleTrackMind for your suspension needs!
    www.fixmybike.com

www.getwellclarkie.com

glenngsxr
    Jon,
    when would we be heading out and returning? Also, how do some of the entry fees compare? Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert
    Heading out Friday the 11th (weather permitting) and back Sunday night (weather permitting) In December of 95' I managed to flip my truck and trailer over three times on the way back home from a race at Firebird, 2 AM icy I-25 outside of Santa Fe going the speed limit. Like I once said sometimes the ride to and from the track more dangerous than the track. As far as fees since we don't yet know how much our fees are going to climb this year yet it's hard to compare but the first race is $90 the second $70 and $50 after that. A one day license is $40 unless you've got a CCS license. There's a practice day Sat for $100 I think and it's a fun club at least it was back then. Goto www.RoadraceSW.com to get the scoop.

Member Amateur
    Anyone swinging through Albuquerque with room for a bike and me.... I'd go. Otherwise I have to work out logistics for transportation.

Still thinking about it though.

Kurt
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Expert
    Yeah it was just there that all went wrong the last time I went racing at Firebird!, Seriously Gotta wanta race if your going to brave this climate to go racing. This years weather's not looking to different from last year. I can see it now being stuck in AZ til March because of the weather. I'm dying to ride and race and I guess that's what you gotta do.

Member Amateur

XBAM

I'm thinking about going....
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.

Member Amateur
    Well.... looks like I have to plan a trip north to CO for business. Makin money before spending money.
    Free Ezine At www.vonconcepts.com

Von Ahnen Design & PR
    http://vadpr.com
    505-217-2497

Senior Member Amateur
    Any body have a raceday schedule for the race. I am curious how the run it. I looked all over the website but can't find it.
    mra #115
    07 CBR 600 RR
    09 Ninja 250

Senior Member Expert
    They pretty much follow the same format as other CCS clubs. with Supersport classes first, then Superbike, then GP. It allows you to change your bike to Superbike trim after lunch and leave it that way. They'll be posting the schedule soon.

Senior Member Expert
    this looks pretty good to me. Jon, I imagine they run amatuer and novice classes as well? what about endurance and maybe saturday practice?
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    Yes they do indeed have Saturday practice, all day. Then Sunday they have the 25 minute GTL,GTU AND GTO races both NV and EX. Some of the classes are combined some are not. Goto www.RoadraceSW.com and they have much imfo though the raceday schedules not posted yet.Not sure yet if anyone besides myself are going but it sounds like some would like to.
    Have a Happy New Year!

Senior Member Expert
    yeah i have checked the website, thanks jon. you might actually be surprised by the people that attend, it sounds like it might be a pahrump re-run.
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    I doubt we'll get as much actual track time but at least we'll know you'll know somebody. You guys be careful driving down there as they'll probably at least two or more storms before we leave.

Senior Member Amateur
    I'd like to go, but making that drive alone and footing the whole gas bill is a bit too much for me right now. If anyone has some extra room in their trailer or would like to double up in my truck/trailer send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You guys be careful driving down there as they'll probably at least two or more storms before we leave.
    you too Jon as i recall last time you took the scenic route back from Nevada.. \/

Senior Member Expert
    hey jon, what bike are you bringing down? what classes will you be running?
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    The 1098 for sure and racing Supertwins, Unlimited GP and Unlimited Superbike. Three races one before lunch Two after. I'd like to bring the HyperMotard just to put some miles one it. BTW the raceday schedules posted for the event if you'd like to peruse it. Sounds like a damn long night with little sleep for those of us who are driving and a loooong trip if and when it snows. :?

Senior Member Expert
    We are in Jon. I sent my pre-entry over yesterday. I will be running a class before lunch and two after also. Middleweight supersport, superbike, and trophy class. Also running the trackday on saturday. Sounds like a good time. See you down there! :twisted:
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert
    You boys be careful riding in the trailer, don't let the gas fumes get to you and cover your heads well if Justin says hang on! I should be good if I don't watch movies prior to major changes of direction. I'm going to be stopping south of Moab to say hey to a friends friend but will probably get there seven or so hours prior.
    See you there and safe travels,

Senior Member Amateur
    Woot, i'm already psyched.

there is lots of space for rent in the trailer.

space in the truck is a different story. there are 4 of us driving in a crew f350.

vonconcepts... if your work stuff falls through we could come your way. i was planning the moab route. its better from what glefke says. but if there is weather raton is prbly more timid than i70.
    Justin Meyer

Senior Member Expert
    Justin,
    Look at it this way, with the weather and the lack of any ones ability to correctly judge it (Regardless of how much there paid to try) we're damned either frigging way. Please don't use my judgment. Hell, I'm the one who went Pahrump to Denver via almost Salt Lake! but then again I manage to get myself to Daytona every year for like ever.
    I will say that the drive's alot nicer going through Moab but I'm not pulling a house, it will be mostly still daylight and lastly I speak Navajo, yeah right. Through Moab and Monument Valley about as lonely as it gets. But probably won't have to deal with the drunken NM drivers. I'm weather depending going to go Moab way down Raton way back we'll see. Either way I'm keeping an eye on miledge. From past experiences I remember 860 miles to Phoenix via Moab 964 miles

Senior Member Amateur
    i was playing with google maps for a little bit (how you can drag the route around).

then i found the weather channel overlay and gas buddy. i populated roughly where the 3 fuel stops would be by zip (roughly) but havent found the cheapest route there. getting diesel price is a manual process of clicking on each site.

i'll prbly make the call that day at 2 after giving you a call and peeking at the map anyway.

haha "saltlakecity?!!" weve had a good laugh at your expense for that one.

i vaguely remember NM being full of drunk drivers and cops beating them down. i hate cops like i hate speeding tickets. i suppose its a new year, perhaps the traffic gods have awarded me a point or two back.
    Justin Meyer

Junior Member Novice
    Hey guys...

Aaron Clark posted a message on our local race board saying some of you guys were coming down to race the Jan race and posted this link.

I just want to extend a warm welcome and look forward to having you guys come down to our neck of the woods... ur... uh... cacti.

If you have any questions about the race or anything else your curious about the area, post it up! http://www.swroadracing.com You'll need to register to post (as is typical with any forum).

Again... look forward to having you guys come down and race. It should be a lot of fun and the weather is looking good too! High's in the mid 60... perfect racin' weather.

Patrick
    CCS #93

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast