Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PMP update from Jay Gilman

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jplracing
    Glen,

I believe that "fence" your reffering to is the berm in t8. I think the land on the other side of the fence (outside of the straight) is owned by the BLM and not pueblo

Joe
    Joe,

The land West of the dragstrip is all part of the "Honor Farm" and is owned by the city, same as the rest of the land that all of PMP sits on, so Jay and PMI should be able to expand the runoff West of T10 into that land if necessary.

I think the confusion over ownership comes from the new "no-riding" policy on that part of the Honor Farm property. Technically, that land has always been off-limits to motorized vehicles, but that policy has only recently been enforced with any vigor as part of the new directives regarding the use and management of the Honor Farm property.

G
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    I personally don't mind racing in the rain if the conditions warrant it but there are places that are best not so. Daytona being one and until we see the new Pueblo turn ten would think it might just be one of them as well. I would have to suggest holding off on this discussion until such a time as we can see how the new turn lays out. In the mean time all you riders out there itching to race in the rain. Why don't you guys head east you'll get plenty of experience. West to Portland will also give you what you desire. Hell from the sound of it the conditions are perfect done in Pueblo probably for a bit of track time. Until I and others see the new turn ten at Pueblo I just believe the off season not the time to be making the call.

Senior Member Amateur
    I just read these postings and will ask Jay to come on today and address the concerns and clarify things for all of us.

Thanks,
    Ene

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123