Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pueblo Track Record ?'s........

Senior Member Amateur

Pueblo Track Record ?'s........

Hi folks,

So, what is it? I had heard that Super Shane had run a mid 28 or high 28 or somehting along those lines, BUT the 07 program shows his fastest time as a 1:29.485 for Open Superbike, and a 1:29.714 for RoR.....

Aaron went faster than this in Open Supersport, oddly enough, it was on the DOTs that he set the fastest "official" time I have ever seen.....

As far as I am concerned, if I got it on a stop watch, it doesn't count. Lap records come from race days with the appropriate timing equipment. So, what is the outright track record for Pueblo?

Cheers!
    Brad

Senior Member Amateur
    Hey Brad,

I have that Shane's record is 1:28:624 back in Sept. 04 in Race of the Rockies.

Senior Member Amateur
    Awesome. So, next question, why don't we have that in our program???

Senior Member Expert

Re: Pueblo Track Record ?'s........

Quote Originally Posted by Racing616

Aaron went faster than this in Open Supersport, oddly enough, it was on the DOTs that he set the fastest "official" time I have ever seen.....
    1:29.462 on some REALLY sticky Pirelli SC0's, they have stupid grip but the track/weather conditions have to warrant their use. Trust me, it frustrates the heck out of me that I always go faster on DOT's than slicks, but then Scott says that's because i ride like pussy on slicks :lol: Being old I go fast in the morning and get slower as it get's close to my nap time :wink:

low 28's would be tough with the track the way it is now after last winter's abuse, but then last year 31's were a struggle for me in 06. We found a few things in AZ last month that should help, and having Scott with us this coming year should push the times down as well 8)

Senior Member Amateur
    Haha, I can't wait!

Senior Member Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    blah blah blah...and having Scott with us this coming year should push the times down as well...
    Oh puhhh-leeeaaseee.

Take away that boy's Yosh factory connection and his fancy-schmancy top secret military-inspired traction control and his inside line on the special tires and his $80/gallon fuel and his super-hot groupie chicks he is just a lowly club racer like the rest of us.

If he were a real man he would ride that SV650 of his in RORU.

:shock:
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    um... what he said :?

:lol:
    Benny Tozzi #78
    Tri City Cycle
    Check out Dave@SingleTrackMind for your suspension needs!
    www.fixmybike.com

www.getwellclarkie.com

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Oh, for the love of Pete. It's barely past thanksgiving and the smack has already started.

Say Clarkie, does your bro-in-law have you to thank for breaking Ledesma's record?

Senior Member Expert
    lol! he should thank me for not holding him up, yeah he smashed the lap record, but I pulled a gnarly holeshot and lead the first lap.... I even got the 'money shot' award 8)

hmmmmmmm........... what's wrong (or really right :wink: ) about this picture

Senior Member Expert
    is it the black marks on the asphalt from the rear that are interupted by the traction control, instead of the normal darkie that's a long line of rubber?
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert
    cant be, traction control doesnt exist :lol: you guys using that on the Motocyz?

Senior Member Expert
    what's wrong (or really right :wink: ) about this picture
    The bike is not pink in this picture.

Everyone knows Scott only rides girly pink bikes.

Senior Member Expert
    yeah. we've got a couple different things in that area. Its all magnetti marelli ecu based so it the same that the factorys are using, ahem....woops....did I say the factory teams in ama....woops did I say the superstock bikes......no I didn't say that, purely speculation on my part.
    Ben Fox- http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._Taimotive.gif
    "I'd rather be quick than fast"~Me
    MRA #95
    2006/2007 MRA VP of Rules and Tech
    2008 ROR #10
    http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/images/logo.gif
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
    (719) 570-9595

Senior Member Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 12pointracing

Take away that boy's Yosh factory connection and his fancy-schmancy top secret military-inspired traction control and his inside line on the special tires and his $80/gallon fuel and his super-hot groupie chicks he is just a lowly club racer like the rest of us.
    no no no! lets keep the super-hot groupie chicks, thats all that really matters :twisted:
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Senior Member Amateur
    hmmmmmmm........... what's wrong (or really right :wink: ) about this picture
    You take away that guys talent, ability, equipment, and experience, and he's no different than the rest of us.

I want to know what happed to the other tire track that goes skip, skip, skip, and hooks off the inside. How does someone highside the wrong way?

Senior Member Expert
    Personally I'd like to welcome Scott to Colorado if he does come out and ride with our club he'll be an inspiration. He's got some talent and a ton of great stories chasing the AMA circus around the country. What makes him real is that he's a real nice guy who doesn't mind lending tips to those who may ask him. Not that I need any but I've been told by others who he's leant advice to at Pahrump.

Senior Member Expert
    the MRA doesn't exactly have the best reputation in regards to welcoming fast riders from out of state that come here to chase money, so thanks Jon

Senior Member Expert
    the MRA doesn't exactly have the best reputation in regards to welcoming fast riders from out of state that come here to chase money, so thanks Jon
    Exactly.

NOW, GO HOME AMA!

( For those of you who do not know, Scott is from the frozen tundra up north and you have to talk in all caps for him to be able to hear you. Dont'cha'know? )

Senior Member Expert
    ya you betcha!

Lap Records

Brad,

The overall track records are listed on the track map page (where I had them for all of the prior years). The lap records page lists the records per class for that year (a new section that we added in 07). I can see where this is confusing and I will make sure this coming year that is is more clearer : )

Nude

Senior Member Amateur
    Good job Nude

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Oh, that hurts. (the truth usually does) I guess that's the down side to having a homey-family social type club. If you're not "one of us", well, then you're not.

And although I've found ASRA/CCS rather impersonal, that's probably a better environment to drop into since there really is no "us".

I think we (the MRA as a whole & the board in particular) need to do something about that reputation. :roll:

Senior Member Expert
    Wasnt trying to attack anyone Jim, just pointing out how people feel when they come to chase money, I am not talking about my own experiences either as I am a complete asshole and every one knows that :lol: Fast riders that have moved to Colorado from out of state that I have talked to (that includes you Jim) have told me it takes 2-3 years before you are 'accepted' into the club, this makes it tough to keep spending money

I am friends with Sean, Mike and Brian (out of state money chasers that raced wth us in 07) and they all said that the MRA was a very hard club to come in a race with as an outsider, and they werent talking about the competition, I know Larry and Rob didnt want to come back either.

To make sure the MRA stays strong in the future we need to retain current riders, find new riders, and make it inviting for out of state riders to travel to our club. I am sure I will get a nasty email from someone saying I should stop attacking the club, but everyone needs to look at the big picture here, rider numbers are dwindling, entry fees are getting higher, people are looking elsewhere to spend their disposable income, and a new track may not be enough to bring people back.

Senior Member Expert
    All's fair in love and war, Is a motorcycle roadracing organization supposed to be chummy? The CCS has like thousands of members the MRA what like a hundred? The CRA in Minnesota has been the friendliest bunch I've raced with in my years but I like what Eraldo Ferraci said once. He felt that AMA Pro was to friendly and that the only time he wanted his riders talking with there competitors was when they were trying to get in the pants of the other riders girlfriends! I don't believe Scott's here to take your money.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    Sir Clark - I wouldn't say you're a *complete* asshole - I think there's still room for you to grow. :wink:
    And yep, it took about 2-3 years before I felt like "one of the club" - likely because everyone knew I was friends with Baker. Otherwise it would have only taken a year.
    But seriously, this is a problem I'd like to work on. I've had my run-ins with the CCS tech dorks and experienced a lot of confusion about how they ran practice sessions at Road America. I know stuff like that makes the whole weekend annoying. I would be VERY interested to hear what your out of town fast guys ran into that soured them on the MRA so we might try to fix it. You got my email address...

You make very good points about dwindling attendence and, with HUGE travel fuel costs likely next year, we need all the attendence we can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast