wish i could take credit for it, but i picked up this idea from the usgpru forums. it costs $11 a sheet and you can order by the sheet. i ordered 5 and with shipping i paid $66 and they arrived in two days

http://www.mcmaster.com/
part number 8574K19

my arts and crafts skills end at safety scissors and macaroni art and even i made this look decent. the sheeting comes in 2ftx2ft sheets and for my bike i can make two screens per sheet. i think on the larger bikes where you have more fairing to hide behind you may be able to get four screens out of a sheet (i sized a sheet up next to my 748 and it was way smaller than my 125 screen)

you can cut the sheeting with regular scissors and i used a cheap stepped bit from harbor freight to make the holes for mounting. you can use regular fasteners or go to lowes and use the 1/4in automotive fasteners like i have in the pix. total time to make the screen was about 15 minutes

the guys who originally had the idea said the screens are more resilient than the store bought screens in a crash cause the just bend and bend back instead of crack, and for the money you can just cut out another one if you scuff these up too much.