Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Fish update

Senior Member Amateur
    That is SOOOOOOOOOO Awesome! I'm glad to hear he is doing much better than before!

Get Well Soon!
    Tawny

Senior Member Expert
    Great News!

Heal up Steve!!
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Amateur
    Any update on Steve??

Member Amateur
    I spoke to Steve's wife yesterday. Steve is doing better, he has been moved to the Craig Hospital. Most of his fractures are healed but he is still in some pain from the broken scapula. He is still on a feeding tube but is putting on some weight now. He recognizes some people who have been in to see him. His memory is spotty but improving. He cannot walk yet but is moving around in bed some and sitting up. The future is a bit unclear however I have been told anywhere to 2 to 6 more months in the hospital.
    Mike

Senior Member Amateur
    That's great news! I hope Steve can get back on the bike for our
    2008 season, maybe High Plains Raceway opening day.
    Get well soon!!
    Tom Erickson #625
    RACE TECH, LP Racing, GoPro, Acerbis, Silkolene, Luttrell Family, Vortex, Kinesys Sunsreen, Yoshimura

Senior Member Amateur
    We Are all very glad for the good news, Both racers had us very scared for a while ( especially Steve)..and now heres to a speedy recovery. Lousy way to spend Christmas.
    Spicee
    thats two hundred forty Dollahs, worth ah Puddin!!
    MRA #164 - Kawasaki 6r
    Colorado Powersports Sales team
    http://4horsemenracing.net/2007/images/CoPowLogo.jpg
    Wired Energy Drinks

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuper
    I spoke to Steve's wife yesterday. Steve is doing better, he has been moved to the Craig Hospital. Most of his fractures are healed but he is still in some pain from the broken scapula. He is still on a feeding tube but is putting on some weight now. He recognizes some people who have been in to see him. His memory is spotty but improving. He cannot walk yet but is moving around in bed some and sitting up. The future is a bit unclear however I have been told anywhere to 2 to 6 more months in the hospital.
    Mike
    Seems like an awful long time on a feeding tube.

Any news if he is off it and now more mobile?
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Any update on this rider and when we can expect to see him back on the grid?

Member Amateur
    Steve is still in Craig Hospital, he is eating some food now. He has healed enough that he can sit up for extended periods of time now and can be moved around by wheelchair. I think he will be there until the end of the month then he will probably move to another facility in the Denver area.
    Mike

Senior Member Amateur
    Thank you for keeping us updated on his status.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Anything new on Steve?
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Amateur
    I called Craig Hospital yesterday and found that Steve is no longer there - he must have gone home to Grand Junction. I visited with him a couple of weeks ago; my impression based on that one visit was that he has a long road of rehab ahead of him, but since it was my only contact with him since his accident, I don't have any context for degree of improvement. My thoughts will remain with him.

Member Amateur
    Steve is in Mesa Vista in Boulder. His wife told me he is walking a bit with the assistance of a walker. The Doctors are impressed with the speed in which he is relearning physical skills, reading, writing, walking etc. Steve is estimated to be there for another two months or so. Meanwhile, in order to help with finances his wife has asked me to help sell some of his bikes. I will be posting them in classifieds as soon as I get more details but please keep it in mind if you know anyone looking to get a new bike for '08. I believe there will be two 2007 GSXR1000s one 2005 GSXR1000 Hypercycle bike, 2005 R6 and an 01 KTM 525 for sale.
    Mike Kuper

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks for the update Kuper!

I did not know Steve very well, but he did race most of the MoM series in 07'.

A very tragic thing for sure. Good to know that he is making a recovery. 8)
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Amateur
    Good luck Steve, and thanks for the update Kuper
    Ed Duenez MRA#7

Senior Member Amateur
    Steve's visiting hours are from 9am to 9pm, and are open to friends and family. If you have some time, stop by and give a brother some support - he has a lot of time on his hands and will appreciate the company.

Mesa Vista of Boulder is a little secluded, so unless you know Boulder well, pull up an online map.

2121 Mesa Dr
    Boulder, CO 80304
    (303) 442-4037

Member Amateur
    Steve's wife has taken his bikes to Davis Service Center, the bike shop that sponsored Steve, to sell. I dont have any pictures of the bikes but they might. There are 2 2007 GSXR1K, 2005 GSXR1K Hypercycle build race bike, 01 KTM Dirt bike and an R6. if anyone is interested contact Davis Service Center in Montrose Colorado.

Steve took very good care of his bikes. I believe both the GSXR 1000's have ohlins 25mm front cartridges, and ttx shocks. I do not remember if both or only one was a superstock motor build, maybe both had a little superstock stuff done to the motors.
    Faster Motosports
    999 Vallejo St. Unit #3
    Denver, CO 80204
    www.fastermotosports.com

Senior Member Amateur
    There's several cool pictures of Steve racing those bikes on the LP site, I'm not
    sure which tracks they're at other than Miller, but check out like page 36 or 38 of the '07 racers in the photo archive
    at

http://www.teamprivateer.com

I think one shot was from a Pueblo event, not sure though.
    Tom
    Tom Erickson #625
    RACE TECH, LP Racing, GoPro, Acerbis, Silkolene, Luttrell Family, Vortex, Kinesys Sunsreen, Yoshimura

Senior Member Amateur
    I was in Boulder a few weeks ago, and stopped by to visit with Steve, only to find that he had been moved to yet another facility in the Denver metro area. Due to HIPPA rules, the staff at Mesa Vista could not tell me where.

I have every intention to protect Steve's privacy, but also would like to be able to provide some social support. If anyone knows how to contact his family and would either forward this request or inquire directly into whether they would be willing to share his new location, I'd be much obliged.

Senior Member Expert
    I've got a girlfriend who works at Mesa and actually knew and saw after Steve. I asked her to see where he was transferred and though she stated he wouldn't ever get better she said his wife seemed to think differently. Regardless, I'll call her tomorrow and see where he was moved to. Thanks for checking, I'm sure he'll appreciate it and I hope that he has indeed recovered further from where he was at the time he moved.
    Jon

Senior Member Expert
    Steve was moved to Learning Services, 7021 West Hampton Ave. Lakewood, CO. 80227 (303)-989-6660

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12