Thread: anyone interested in Mid America Superbike Shootout?

glenngsxr

anyone interested in Mid America Superbike Shootout?

Oct. 13-14th at Mid America only a little ways past hastings. Usually some big guns show up and lots of racers from all over the country. Anyone interested? Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert

Re: anyone interested in Mid America Superbike Shootout?

Quote Originally Posted by glenngsxr
    Oct. 13-14th at Mid America only a little ways past hastings. Usually some big guns show up and lots of racers from all over the country. Anyone interested? Glenn #62
    MidAmerica is 10 hours in a big rig, so it is a bit more than a "little ways" past Hastings.

That said, the track is a blast to race on, and I know our very own Mark Nudelman will be out there so it would be great to join him.
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    MAM is 8 hours if you don't drive a freakin' semi, 9 with food and fuel stops and a pulled MCL that you got on the way out of town.

MAM is also a kick ass track, and if you've never raced at or near sea level, you should check it out! The first time you launch it on the start and the front comes straight up, you will be like "ohhhh... so THAT'S where the throttle went!". Lots of fun turns, and I'm not sure who is hosting this one but if it's CMRA they were great a couple years ago when I went out for the MRA/CMRA showdown. Glenn Conser in a dress, not so great (though he did have a great set of breasts). ... I'm sure pics are floating around here somewhere.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    It is a very fun track! The CMRA is a Texas club But the CRA held races there in the past. Im guessing it is a CCS race though.
    Earlier this year myself, Justin Meyer, C Weed and pretty boy Dale Eaton did the CCS great plains race at Hastings. Only around 55 riders showed for that event. Hopefully more will go to MAM, either way you will like the track.
    mike

Senior Member Expert
    Ahhh yeah CRA, sorry. Thanks for the correction Mike.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    MAM is 8 hours if you don't drive a freakin' semi, 9 with food and fuel stops and a pulled MCL that you got on the way out of town.
    My semi with the big trailer is a lot faster than in the dually pulling the damn thing. I have to set the cruise control on the thing to keep me from going too fast in it!!
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

glenngsxr
    so anybody up for a sweet challenge? no license to buy, qualifying, and a ton of racers from all over the country on a sweet track. Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 12pointracing
    My semi with the big trailer is a lot faster than in the dually pulling the damn thing. I have to set the cruise control on the thing to keep me from going too fast in it!!
    True dat! My new diesel is a lot faster too, had the same issue going to pueblo this past weekend. It would seem that at 80mph, the engine sits right on the start of the fun part of the power band...

Quote Originally Posted by glenngsxr
    so anybody up for a sweet challenge? no license to buy, qualifying, and a ton of racers from all over the country on a sweet track. Glenn #62
    If I was racing this year, I would be all over it. Seriously guys, get out there and ride MAM! Race, explore new tracks, have fun! The drive is worth it. I was a little on the fence when I went, but some other racers convinced me to try it. Even racing with a knee that was F'd the F up it was worth the trip!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Member Amateur

superbike shootout

Anybody who's been there have any opinion on whether it would be a good venue for XBAM? I just emailed them for info and asked about vendors.
    I'm not doing anything else that weekend yet....sounds like fun!
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.

President Expert

Re: superbike shootout

Quote Originally Posted by XBAM
    Anybody who's been there have any opinion on whether it would be a good venue for XBAM? I just emailed them for info and asked about vendors.
    I'm not doing anything else that weekend yet....sounds like fun!
    you can get an idea about how many racers will be attending by checking the pre-entry list on Track Addix's website- http://trackaddix.com/?race=1&pager=104
    MRA #29

Senior Member Expert
    Mid America is 7/1/2 hours away driving close to the speed limit (well as close as I can) and's 577 miles from Boulder. The tracks great, the pits unless they've done some major patch work pretty bad though better than Second Creek. The event is a CCS race with Track Addix who throw there heart and soul into making it a fun event. Weather can be a bit iffy this time of year though.
    Old Market section of Omaha's a blast (reminds you a lot of LODO) and if you go I suggest it highly.....lots of loose women (like I'd know) regardless a fun event especially if your riding a Kawasaki as it's a contengency date. I'd be there but the Race of Champions in Daytona is the following weekend. Question are you guys headed down?
    Anyhow if you go have a great time good luck and see you in the hopefully sunny south.

MAM

I will be heading out either either Thursday night (get a few hours on the road in the RV) or Friday morning. If anyone is interested in caravanning out let me know (we go 65 the whole way). MAM is a fun track. It is flat, fast, and has a good variety of elements. Check out our website www.trackaddix.com. The Shootout is 20 laps and there are lightweight, middleweight and unlimited classes and it is free. We will also give you a one day license so you don't have to purchase a license for just one weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nude

glenngsxr
    nude,
    when do you plan on returning? Glenn #62

We usually head out after the races are over. This gets us back to Denver around 2am. Since this is the last race of the season, and I am doing fairly well in the points, we might not take off right away. There really are no set plans - what are you thinking - when do you need to be back?

glenngsxr
    I was hoping to carpool with some folks, but it seems that it's not sparking to much interest. I don't necessarily have to be back for anything that weekend. Glenn #62

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar
    We are thinking about going.............
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

glenngsxr
    well, think faster darnit. The suspense is killing me. Glenn #62

Member Amateur

superbike shootout

I'm going...got the okay from Dean R. I'll be heading out Friday morning, and will be available Friday PM in case somebody has a sore back from driving!
    I should be pretty easy to find all weekend.
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.