Thread: Spectator injured on Labor Day

Senior Member Amateur

Spectator injured on Labor Day

Has anyone been in contact with the spectator that was injured during the Labor Day races?

Although not a racer, this guy was out there supporting us. Maybe we could get a card for him signed tonight at the Breck while we're showing our support for Bob and Steve?

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Chris,

He's on CSC (username is 'Matty') and has been posting occasionally. He is out of the hospital and recovering, painfully and slowly, but he is recovering.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Ralph -

What do you think of the idea of getting a card signed for Matty as well, since you are providing a convenient gathering place & time?

If you haven't already gotten the cards for Bob and Steve, I'll gladly reimburse you for a third card.

I am sure Matty would love a card or any kind of support he can get. That incident was one of the weirder things I have seen happen at a race.

At any rate, Matty is out of the hospital, and getting around slowly with a walker. He even got permission to get a rental car (as his is a 5 speed) and start driving again. He is on the road to recovery, but what happened killed his snowboarding season for him, which he was quite looking forward to as he had JUST moved here from LA when this happened. Either way, he is on both the CSC boards and on MySpace if anyone wants to hit him up.
    Gene, you will be forever missed. RIP

Senior Member Expert
    If someone else can grab a card I would appreciate it, I already went shopping for Bob and Steve.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    I'll get the card, and try to get to the Breck early. Where did you end up getting the cards for Bob and Steve - are they standard Walgreens fare, or did you have to go to a specialty card shop?

Senior Member Amateur
    racerwannabe -

You sound like you know Matty personally - would you be willing to deliver the card?

Senior Member Expert
    Big cards that weren't stupid whales and crap are nowhere to be found. So I got a smaller card fitting for Bob's personality, and a couple large sheets of posterboard along with markers. Lots of room for people to sign, or draw, or just be themselves.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Junior Member Novice
    Just an FYI,

I did mail Matty the card. He gave me his address. He said thank you for thinking of him.

He also came to the Wednesday night card signing. He was using a walker and getting along slowly, but was ok.

Donna

Senior Member Expert
    I met Matty yesterday, he's doing better. Still going to be a while before he's healed up, but he is able to get around on crutches part of the time now, and is in good spirits.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama