Thread: Updates on Injured Riders?

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar

Updates on Injured Riders?

Could someone please give us the updates on injured riders, Spiderman Bob, Steve Fish, Ken Herman?

Thanks,
    Tammy
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Senior Member Expert
    Casey D

Senior Member Expert Vanmar Racing's Avatar
    Thanks Casey.
    Tammy at Vanmar Racing
    303-944-0334
    vanmarracing@mindspring.com
    Mark Schellinger, Instructor for Yamaha Champions Riding School- Ride Like A Champion!
    Vanmar Racing

Senior Member Expert
    any info on the other riders?

Senior Member Expert
    We may still be trying to get info on Steve; his room is just a couple down from Bob's at the hospital, but the nurse wasn't real into giving me information on him last night when I was there since I'm not family.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    We may still be trying to get info on Steve; his room is just a couple down from Bob's at the hospital, but the nurse wasn't real into giving me information on him last night when I was there since I'm not family.
    The early reports said he was still unconscious? Do you know if he is awake and alert at least?
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 12pointracing
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    The early reports said he was still unconscious? Do you know if he is awake and alert at least?
    I heard those reports as well, but without talking to someone at the hospital I can't say for sure what his condition even was last night when I was there. I got yelled at for even stopping at his door to glance inside... Wish I had more info!
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Junior Member Novice
    I went to Parkview last night when Ken's mom called me. He was in the ER receiving a cat scan for some pretty gnarly right side injuries. Total damage is a fractured scapula, bone chip off his right hip, a severe concussion, and some really ugly bruising. He was coherent and talking racing with me until he was released around 9:00 last night. I'm sure he's really hurting today, as he couldn't walk without assistance last night. Tanner and Kevin brought him his #2 plaque in the ER, and that definitely brought his spirits up. I wasn't able to check on anyone else, but speedy recovery to all.
    SR-Tuning.US, the former Morse Racing, Bashed Bikes, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, the former 4-Play Motorsports.

Senior Member Expert
    Glad to hear Ken is doing better!

Not much new on Bob at this point, he remains medically sedated to let things heal a bit.

Still no confirmation of anything on Steve that I know of, the hospital takes their protection of health information very seriously.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Member Amateur

Bob

Does anyone know when it will be okay to visit Bob at the hospital, or is that only for family right now?
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.

Senior Member Expert
    Per Joe, visitation is being intentionally limited until he's in a bit more lucid (read: not medically sedated) state. There have been a few people to see him yesterday, but I wouldn't expect major visitation details to be sent out for at least a few more days. He's also in the ICU currently, which has pretty strict guidelines on that sort of thing - I'm not sure how many different folks they will let in there. Joe can probably answer better but that's likely to be his answer as well.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Member Amateur

thanks

Thanks for that, Ralph. As soon as they okay visitation, I'd like to know if someone can post that. I will be driving down there from Denver if anyone wants to share a ride.
    XBAM: Xtreme Bike Action Massage -Sports Therapy and Structural Integration - rehab, performance enhancement and preventative maintenance that addresses postural issues and alignment. You have a mechanic for your bike...I'm the mechanic for your body. I work with motorcycle racers and extreme sports athletes; available at races and events and privately in and around Colorado. XBAM LLC holds National Certification and AMTA insurance.

Senior Member Expert
    I am plotting a get well card signing in the meantime, this Wed at Breck Brewery at 22nd/Blake. The cards will be there around 7:30-7:45pm (I need to be in Lakewood at 7pm to grab a bike). I'm going to get one for Bob, and one for Steve; I'll drive them down to the hospital and deliver them later this week.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Ralph:
    I won't be able to make Breck as I have to work...would you add my best wishes for recovery on the card(s) for me?
    Gene, you will be forever missed. RIP

Senior Member Expert
    Same for me to Ralph, I would appreciate you adding one from me. Thanks
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    Thanks Ralph

When Bob is more aware of his suroundings he will be able to receive visitors. However, at this point I would ask that we allow him to rest.

I am hoping that the hospital will begin to remove his current level of sedation later in the week, however that is really up to them.

I will let everyone know more when I do

Any questions please let me know

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven

Senior Member Expert
    As I seen his bike roll into the pits my stomach flipped..... My best wishes to Bob... Im tuned in to both forums night and day to hear news..... Please keep us up to date and send him all our best...

Senior Member Amateur
    Like Dion said, we are thinking of those in the hospital right now and hoping the best for all involved.
    Since my web is severely blocked at work, I have to hurry home to get the updates.
    Any updates yet? Bob? Steve? Ken?
    03 Yamaha WR250F
    DARC Racing
    Faster Motorsports

Member Amateur

Steve Fish

I spoke with an employee of Steve's at his scuba shop in Grand Junction. His wife Ann is with him at the hospital. He is still on a ventilator but they are going to do some sort of Trach tube in the next few days. He is also being kept sedated, he was brought out or it for a few moments and seemed to recognize Ann. So far the med personnel are saying he will be in their hospital for about 1 month. As soon as I get any more info I will post it,
    Tammy, thanks for letting me know about the crash I am not sure when i would have found out otherwise.
    Mike

Senior Member Amateur
    Since I live in Pueblo and love these guys (after all your all my kids), I want to make an offer:

If any of you want something delivered to them, once they can have "stuff", let's arrange a day and time that I will meet any of you in North Colorado Springs and I will bring it back to Pueblo for them. It will save some driving time for you and yet get anything you want to send them to the hospital.

Good thoughts, prayer and knowing others are with you truly do heal the body and spirit,

Ene

Senior Member Expert

9/28/07 update

Ralph, Terri and I went to the hospital yesterday evening.

Bob is pretty much in the same state he has been for the last few days. However, the hospital does plan to install a trach and feeding tube some time next week. This will allow them to bring him out of his sedated state. The are also in the begining stages of developing a plan for the remainder of his injures. Once Bob is awake he will be able to have vistors, if he so chooses. However, until that time I would ask that we respect his privacy and allow him to rest in private.

As for Steve Fish, we did drop off his card. However, without being family we were unable to get any detailed information. At this point he is still sedated and appeared to be in the same condition he has been with the last few days

Joe
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven