Thread: 2024 Special Election: Vice President - Candidate Bios

2024 Special Election: Vice President - Candidate Bios

Following the MRA Board Election on November 8th, we have an open position for Vice President (1 year remaining in a 2 year term).
    Vice President (Special Election - 1 Year Remaining in 2 Year Term)
    Officer on the Board of Directors and is responsible for a variety of tactical projects designed to assure the efficient business operation of the MRA. Major responsibilities include:

• Membership management including applications, licenses, competition number management and associated data entry
    • Contingency management including securing contingency sponsors, reporting results and maintaining relationships
    • Oversight of the Superstreet, gate ticket, license card and membership packet design and publication

Furthermore the VP is the primary point of contact for MotorsportReg/MyLaps Orbits for enhancement, problem resolution and operations.
    In the absence of the President, the Vice President shall have the powers and perform the duties of the President.

Below are the bios for both candidates:

Blair Harness
    Thank you for the nomination and consideration for the position of MRA Vice President. I have enjoyed my time as a member since I started racing in 2012 and have built some great friendships. I have served on the board for the past two seasons as a rider representative and look forward to the continued success of the club.

With my background in software engineering, I am well suited for involvement with membership and race day management. Having been a board member, I have experience with the operation of the club and the details required for a successful event and season. I will look for opportunities to continue improving and streamlining the membership and pre/during/post-race weekend processes.

Contingency opportunities have changed over the years, but I will do my best to maximize the opportunities for MRA racers and ensure accurate and timely reporting.

Thank you for your consideration and support,
    Blair Harness #76

Seth McClaine
    As a novice racer of 2023, I really enjoyed competing with the MRA and additionally being involved in general meetings. For the 2024 season I will be racing as and expert and would like to contribute to the club as part of the board. As many have seen, I have an outspoken personality and like to try to use that as a strength to represent myself, my peers, and to push to better the club.

My goals, if presented with the VP position, would be to help the board on brainstorming and taking action on policies that would help improve everyone's (riders, volunteer staff, and spectators) safety; Improve efficiency for members with our technical systems (MotorsportsReg, MyLaps, MRA-Racing.org, MRA-forum, etc); Help grow the organization by bringing in new riders, improving member retention, and increasing member participation.

• I have a technical background as an application engineer that I think I could leverage to improve some of our technical processes.
    • I have strong connections with a few other motorcycle groups (Primarily Canyon Riders Association and Bucks Fun Day but also a few others) that I think we could find ways to tap into to extend the club.
    • I have a fresh outlook on the MRA being that 2024 would be my second year.

Last edited by Spiderman; November 27th, 2023 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added bios to original post
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!