Submission from Ray Thornton -

Section 9.10.B Race of the Rockies point award for Qualifying in 1st position. Rider will receive 1 point for qualifying in 1st position overall.
AMA Pro Racing did this several years ago. It would add a little more drama to qualifying and an incentive/reward to putting in the fastest time. which is not an easy feat I know this proposal has been submitted in the past and been voted down. I don't understand the reasoning for not doing this.

9.10.C Class Championship points total - drop the one worst finish of the season.
Obviously, this needs to be more extensively explained and better worded. This allows one "throw away" race and doesn't destroy a racer's chance for a championship if they can't make a race for whatever reason: crash, have a mechanical, etc. I think overall this may help race entries over the course of the season. Right now, if a racer misses a race weekend due to family commitments, illness, work, or whatever, they are pretty much screwed as far as the championships go. If you miss one early round, it's much easier to skip more races because you're out of the points chase anyway. I think this concession is needed even more because of the 8 racing events planned for next season. It's already difficult to make 7 races.

I know these proposals may seem selfish, but they really aren't. I think they would add excitement and long-term benefits to the MRA.