Thread: 2023 Rule Change Proposal Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Amateur
    8. I propose we combine MVGTU and MVGTO in one race and STGTU and STGTO in another race. Combine the modern vintage and combine the super twins classes.
    Jared Dear - MRA #48

Quik Cycles, Sol Performance, Pirelli tires

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    8. I propose we combine MVGTU and MVGTO in one race and STGTU and STGTO in another race. Combine the modern vintage and combine the super twins classes.
    What problem would this solve? Right now MVGTU runs with STGTO, and MVGTO runs with STGTU... We would still be running 2 races, and this change would prevent people on GTU bikes from being able to "ride up" in the GTO classes (or people with a GTU bike and a GTO bike from being able to race both bikes).
    Bob - #46
    MRA President (2024) - Vice President (2022-2023)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty." - Peter Egan
    Colorado Sportbike Club | 4 Horsemen Racing | R.I.P. 502
    Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end!

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    What problem would this solve? Right now MVGTU runs with STGTO, and MVGTO runs with STGTU... We would still be running 2 races, and this change would prevent people on GTU bikes from being able to "ride up" in the GTO classes (or people with a GTU bike and a GTO bike from being able to race both bikes).

I agree that this isn’t a good idea.. for years there have been two types of classes in the MRA. One is th ultra competitive like ROR or Open superbike and two “ gentleman’s” classes, In my opinion there equal numbers of people in the super competitive as are in the gentlemen classes, if you start to push one group out and cater to the other group…membership and entries will begin to fall. If you are going to squeeze a gentleman’s class out you need to squeeze a another out as well
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven