Thread: 2022 Rule Change Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    President Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    I am happy to see this suggestion. I was about to submit a similar suggestion. Perhaps modify "family member" to spouse/partner? Racers that are not immediate family members of board members have received free racing in the past, and it doesn't quite pass the smell test. Especially if the club is trying to be fiscally responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attridgekl View Post
    I agree with this changing to say "Immediate Family Members" from "Family Members. The legal defination of Immediate family members, according to the law, include one's spouse, children, parents, grandparents, siblings, as well as one's in-laws. It also includes adopted children and stepchildren also are usually included in the definition. In Colorado, partners from same-sex marriages or civil unions also are considered immediate family.
    If racers received free racing from a board member's comp then it was prior to 2009. Former President, Tony Baker, enacted the operational procedure within the Board back when I was still VP that only family members could use a board member's comp'd racing credit and that has been the case up until events of the current season . If board members did not use their comp, they would receive an additional $100 in pay for that weekend.

And I agree that it needs to be specifically spelled out in the rulebook.
    Last edited by JimWilson29; October 13th, 2021 at 08:54 PM.