Want to close the loop on this. I rode on a bike pretty similar to mine shod with the Pirelli slicks during the final weekend and came to 3 conclusions about my internal Pirelli vs. Dunlop debate:

1) I'm sure a very skilled rider could probably go faster on the Dunlops than the Pirellis; the grip from the Dunlops is just silly and when you do go over the limit, even though it's always a surprise, it's very easy to recover because the friction dropoff is very gradual.
2) I'm equally sure that I'm not skilled enough to fully exploit the Dunlops and that I can be faster on the Pirellis because I can tell what they're doing due to the softer carcass of the tire. I find most of my time on corner entry which was very intuitive on the Pirellis. The Dunlops, by comparison, were a leap of faith that the grip was going to be there; 99/100 times that was a safe bet, but that 1/100 times where you get a slide without warning was hell on my front end confidence and kept me from really trail braking like I wanted to.
3) I'll be running the Pirellis next year for reason #2

For a riding style comparison for anyone else mulling this over, assuming I get some familiarity with the track, my style relies heavily on hard braking and a strong corner entry. I'm not stellar mid corner, and I roll on the throttle smoothly on corner exit, so I require alot of confidence and feedback from the front tire. Pirelli wins my heart for this. If you're a corner speed rider, I have to give that one to the Dunlops. The mid corner grip from the Dunlops is unreal whereas I've had the Pirellis push a little at the apex.

If anyone is on the fence about this choice, hopefully my back to back comparisons give some insight to you.