Thread: White to ride AMA Spies Superstock bike???

Senior Member Expert

White to ride AMA Spies Superstock bike???

Senior Member Expert
    why not?

Senior Member Expert
    Im wondering if he would still have to qualify or not? If he cant qualify... it would be for nothing right? Or would he get a free pass on the grid?

Would be nice to see more onboard AMA footage....

Senior Member Expert
    I was wondering the same thing about qualifying. I saw him race AMA 600 Supersport a couple times and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Who knows, maybe he's improved a bunch.
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    it's about marketing, not results :wink:

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie
    it's about marketing, not results :wink:
    Yeah, but if you don't qualify it isn't about either! LoL
    The GECCO

You begin your racing career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Expert
    It's a Factory Yoshimura Suzuki, of course it will qualify...........maybe with a 'ring in' to get him through qualifying Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit, Freddy can talk about the Honda's and GW about the Suzuki, should make for riveting commentary :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit
    Hell yeah, I'd love to give it a whirl myself, though it'd prolly scare the poo-poo outta me, even if it is 'just a superstock' bike!
    The GECCO

Senior Member Expert
    nah, the new 1000's are really easy to ride, shit even Dave Gallant went well on my spare GSXR and he is a self proclaimed 'little bike rider' :lol:

Member Amateur
    I saw Greg ride a 600 at Barber a couple years ago and wasn't too impressed - in comparisson to the "pro" guys.... but I did the media thing too and was impressed from the outlook of jealous media guy.

That said, I have also received a bunch of press releases from Millinic Honda and the riding he's done on the Endurance team. I am sure all the saddle time this season has sharpened his skills.

Besides, how fast do you think you could get if you had factory support and the Champion giving you direct coaching?

I think its cool.

Kurt

Senior Member Amateur
    Freddy can talk about the Honda's and GW about the Suzuki, should make for riveting commentary :lol:
    I about busted a gut hearing Freddy talk about the new "swingin' arm" a couple months ago. :lol:

Junior Member Novice
    I'd prefer my hero Jason Pridmore got the chance but Greg White is a TV marketing ploy thing

Junior Member Novice
    Too bad he didnt make the 110% cut. Atleast we can be sure to have his colorful commentary for the races! haha

Senior Member Expert
    Actually if he doesnt qualify he will go on and on about how amazing the bike was when he is doing his sideline bit, :lol:
    NAILED IT!!! :shock:

Senior Member Expert
    The little snip it they played in Sunday cracked me up...... He wanted to make sure how well the public knew the bike was great, but he sucked... haha Think he said it like 3 times in the 2 mins or less clip.....

"The Gixxer1K bike was great, handeled well, lots of power, but I just didnt get the job done" :lol:

Senior Member Expert
    Actually, I think he was trying to say, If he only had more time to get to know the bike he could do it. I wouldn't mind some sweet leathers and a chance to qualify on spies bike.
    MRA #626
    DARC Racing
    Bridgestone Tires
    Factory Trained Auto Repair