Thread: 2013 BMW S1000RR Track Bike

Junior Member Novice

2013 BMW S1000RR Track Bike

I have a 2013 BMW S1000RR with only 4100 miles on the odometer and only about 200 miles on track (1.5 seasons). It’s never been down. Modifications are:

BST wheels
    Ohlins cartridge kit and rear shock
    Attack rearsets
    Motoxp fairing kit
    Carbon fairing stay
    Arrow full exhaust
    GB racing protection
    Fully safety wired and engine ice for coolant
    Michelin DOT’s still have some life but I have fresh Dunlop slicks as replacements
    EBC carbon pads
    Levers and lever guards

Asking $9,000. Located in Evergreen, CO. Happy to send photos but I'll try to post them here.

-Nate

Junior Member Novice
    Cheers,

I raced with the MRA back in the early/mid 90s, also working as a new-rider class instructor. I was badly injured during a race at Second Creek Raceway (have you been around long enough to remember good ol' SCR? <grin>. Air-Ambulance, 4 months inpatient at a rehab hospital, and years of outpatient rehab, and I am incredibly lucky to have recovered as well as I have!

However, 20+ years later and the bug to get back to the track and race is bigger than ever, and I finally managed a little bit of money to run a season - presuming I can find a great deal on a race-ready bike! Unfortunately, I am unable to work full time, so although I have been slowly saving (money) to do this, my budget will be very tight. I certainly don't want to offend you with lowball offers, but I Know not everyone is motivated by money alone. I am just a super-enthusiast hoping to find someone who would be interested in helping a good guy finally get back into his passion of motorcycle road racing! I can only afford about50-60% of what you're asking, but it has to be worth a try!

If so, can you give me some details about the race components, and anything it might need to get through a full MRA season? Is the engine tired, possibly needing a rebuild to get through the season?

Either way, thanks for your time and consideration!

Best Regards,
    Chris
    ChrisC@Colorado.edu