Here is my bio:

I have been nominated for the VP of rules and tech. I was extremely excited for the possible opportunity to donate my time and talent to this club that I really love and want to see be continually successful. To me, success for our club means being friendly and welcoming to all MRA members and nurturing new or potential members while being clear and concise about rules and requirements. We need everyone to feel welcome when they come try out this motorcycle racing thing we do and not be uncomfortable asking any questions they may have. This is our passion, and word of mouth is the strongest path to success for having a strong foundation together as the MRA family. I will stand by making the right decisions with a reasonable basis for why those decisions were made for the best interests of the club and all our members.

I believe I would be a great VP of rules and tech because I have been a Master Certified automotive technician with Toyota, Lexus, and Nissan for over a decade and stepped into a management/director role for several years now. In my present role, I am responsible for the safety of 70+ people in my department, so I am fully knowledgeable and capable of ensuring that all riders’ equipment is safe and meets the MRA rulebook for requirements for being on the racetrack. I understand how to hold people accountable and set clear expectations while showing respect and honesty. I like to be transparent with WHAT the rules are, WHY they are set as they are and WHAT could happen if not followed. I think to gain the best understanding for many things it comes down to the way it is outlined and explained so that everyone has the upmost understanding. I am also comfortable making the difficult decisions that may be required in this position when the situation arises in conflict with the rulebook. The club cannot be successful if riders are unsafe because of their equipment, gear or riding decisions and this all starts in rider tech. Having fun here starts with minimizing our risks as diligently as possible so that everyone can have more longevity as a rider.

I look forward to the opportunity of serving my club and family here with the MRA. I want to show my daughters the importance of serving others and giving your time to what you believe in. They love being at the racetrack and love motorcycles so they will also enjoy saying hi to everyone and putting a smile on your face! ��

I would greatly appreciate your support and look forward to receiving your vote of confidence for VP of rules and tech with the MRA, and I look forward to serving our club.