Thread: Bylaw change proposal for Section 5.6

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Expert
    I was the one that proposed this.

in typical non profit structure (and structure of other non profit race clubs) there is an “executive board” and a “operational” board. Essentially a ceo, cfo, coo that supervise the “operational board”. In short managers and workers. The MRA is not structured as a typical none profit. As such the BOD is both supervisory and operational.

currently the by laws allow the board members to supervise the president, not the president supervising the board, the wording basically contradicts itself by saying the president has responsibly while answering to the board...can’t work both ways, Effectively this structure is like letting the insane run the mental asylum...pun intended.

unfortunaly I believe that all organizations need an ultimate leader who is responsible for the overall health and well being. What I have suggested allows the president to set the direction of the club and have overall responsibility of the club.

hopefully that provides clarity
    Last edited by jplracing; September 19th, 2020 at 11:21 PM.
    Imperial Sportbikes | Performance Cycle | Galfer | Factory Effex | Motorex | AXO | Racer Gloves USA | | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Driven