Thread: July 18-19 HPR Race Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just want to close this topic off with some final thoughts based on my experience this weekend.

Unfortunately, my wife and I showed up early Saturday in time for registration and, aside from the gentleman at the gate, no one was wearing a mask or following social distancing guidelines. So sadly, because my wife is in the third trimester of her pregnancy we were there for about 10 minutes before deeming the environment unsafe and heading home with a healthy serving of disappointment because I REALLY wanted to race this weekend. I know the MRA can't control everyone's behavior and, sadly, it seemed most people there didn't take the rules of the event seriously. So, I'm pretty disappointed with the conduct of the attendees and probably won't be back until next season when, hopefully, the pandemic will be over and individual conduct will be out of the equation.

I hope everyone is able to stay safe the rest of the season both on the track and in the paddock and, further, I hope folks will bear in mind that the ongoing pandemic is no joke. It's a seriously illness with untold long-term consequences which can include long-term respiratory damage, infertility in men, and ofcourse death which, sadly, I've had some experience with at work in witnessing the passing of a co-worker who was not an unhealthy, immuno-compromised senior citizen, he was a perfectly healthy young man. So to the general members of MRA who seemed to have a cavalier attitude about COVID this weekend, please be safe and remember that it's not just about you, it's also about the people around you.

Well, that's all I have on the topic for now. Happy riding, folks. Stay safe, and I hope to see ya'll again next season.

Junior Member Novice
    I’m a racer in this club and don’t usually post. But I saw this and , first- sorry you left. But it’s not fair to the club to say nobody cared about rules and weren’t social distancing and all of that. Like anywhere in the state- around family or people you came with- you don’t have to wear a mask. Also if you can maintain 6 ft you don’t have to. All of the rules were practiced- however, if I had a family member that was compromised , I certainly would not bring them somewhere where I thought it might not be safe. It’s up to me as an individual to take care of myself and family , not anybody else’s. Hope you can race next year -