Thread: July 18-19 HPR Race Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    There will be a "What you need to know" email later today regarding this coming weekend. In that, we'll address the COVID mitigation processes, but in general ..
    1. We will limit the number of people in the paddock by not admitting spectators. The event will be for racers, crew and immediate family only.
    2. If people are feeling ill, we're going to insist that they stay home. HPR guidelines state that sickies will be sent packing.
    3. We will follow as much of the HPR guidelines as possible, which are listed here - https://www.highplainsraceway.com/covid-19/

Probably the best thing to do would be for anyone in contact with immuno-suppressed people would be for themselves to be stringent on mitigation (mask, hand washing, distancing) while at the track, but under the realization that no matter where you go, there's a risk of contact.
    Last edited by Jim Brewer; July 15th, 2020 at 08:03 AM.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate the measures you're taking and am glad to know it won't be like Bandimere's "Freedom Rally", for which they're currently being sued by the county. Also, definitely know all about adopting risk on a personal level during the pandemic. That's been life lately.

About the email, I never received that. Did it go out last night?

Finally, about the Facebook page, Jim is that where you guys do most of your correspondence as opposed to this forum?

Thanks

Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amiller6786 View Post
    About the email, I never received that. Did it go out last night?
    I sent it Tuesday evening. If you didn't get it - email me from the email address you usually read and I'll make sure it's on the mailchimp list.
    Finally, about the Facebook page, Jim is that where you guys do most of your correspondence as opposed to this forum?
    We use both. This forum is better for in-depth conversations and things that we might want to refer to later - such as meeting notes, rule changes, etc.

Facebook tends to lend itself to lighter conversations & banter, although not always. Finally, the mailchimp email is for announcements which also get copied to facebook, instagram & twitter.

HTH