Thread: Two Ninja 250s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur

Two Ninja 250s

Titled runners, second generation, trimmed down for track days or racing.

The blue one is sprung for 135# rider, not drilled for safety wire. Bike has never been down.
    The orange one is sprung for 185# rider, drilled for safety wire. Rashed but fixed as necessary.
    Both have cartridge emulators, slipons, rearsets, braided steel front brake line, race bodywork, EBC HH brake pads, and a homebrew carb tune performed at sea level.
    Tires have good tread depth but are old. One good battery between them.
    Box of spares, tune kits, etc...

Neither is a beauty queen, but both are safe, reliable and ready to ride. They could be made great again with new tires and a carb tune.
    $1500 each OBO.
    I'll bring them out to Round 2 PPIR where I'll be cornerworking that weekend.

My time on 250s has no-doubt made me a more-capable rider!
    But living in Grand Junction these days, this shall be the time in my life for dirt and minimoto at the local kart track
    Roadracing for me will have to wait. In the meantime, these bikes should be getting used.

Marshal Poet
    (720) 841-3016
    2021 MRA Race Director

MRA Cornerworker 2009-2014, 2020
    Equipment Manager, Crash Cart, & Mobile Responder in there at times
    EX250 Track Day Enthusiast & RMMM KX65 Racer 2020

Senior Member Amateur
    $1000 for the blue (lighter sprung one)

I think I'll keep the stiffer one.
    2021 MRA Race Director

MRA Cornerworker 2009-2014, 2020
    Equipment Manager, Crash Cart, & Mobile Responder in there at times
    EX250 Track Day Enthusiast & RMMM KX65 Racer 2020

Junior Member Novice
    Cheers,

I raced with the MRA back in the early/mid 90s, also working as a new-rider class instructor. I was badly injured during a race at Second Creek Raceway (have you been around long enough to remember good ol' SCR? <grin>. Air-Ambulance, 4 months inpatient at a rehab hospital, and years of outpatient rehab, and I am incredibly lucky to have recovered as well as I have!

If so, can you give me some details about the race components, and anything it might need to get through a full MRA season? Is the engine tired, possibly needing a rebuild to get through the season?

However, 20+ years later and the bug to get back to the track and race is bigger than ever, and I finally managed a little bit of money to run a season - presuming I can find a great deal on a race-ready bike! Unfortunately, I am unable to work full time, so although I have been slowly saving (money) to do this, my budget will be very tight. I certainly don't want to offend you with lowball offers, but I Know not everyone is motivated by money alone. I am just a super-enthusiast hoping to find someone who would be interested in helping a good guy finally get back into his passion of motorcycle road racing! I can only afford about50-60% of what you're asking, but it has to be worth a try!

Either way, thanks for your time and consideration!

Best Regards,
    Chris
    ChrisC@Colorado.edu

Junior Member Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by mopoet178 View Post
    $1000 for the blue (lighter sprung one)

I think I'll keep the stiffer one.
    Is this still for sale?