Thread: Tuneboy Experience Update

Tuneboy Experience Update

Hi Folks,

To save others my current headache, I'd like to warn my fellow racers that doing business with Tuneboy is ill-advised. In my personal experience, they were more than happy to take my money, but more than a month after placing my order, no parts in hand, and absolutely 0 responses from them in my attempts to figure out what's going on. The originally quoted ship time was 'a litttle more' than 7-10 business days, order was placed on April 22, been trying to reach them since May 12 to figure out what's going on, complete radio silence from them, finally May 27, I had to open a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. I highly recommend folks stay away from Tuneboy.

UPDATE:

Eventually, Wayne at Tuneboy did finally get back to me with a reasonable explanation for the long delay, and the product did finally come in today so I made sure the credit card dispute was retracted. The initial communication response time of over 2 weeks has also been much better over the last week or so, which has made it a lot easier to sort this fiasco out. I can't say much about the product itself yet, or the ongoing support for it, but I can say that, in this situation, Tuneboy rectified things to my satisfaction to the point where I'd no longer be hesitant to buy something from them down the line.

Senior Member Expert
    Which model motorcycle are you looking to use your tuneboy on? I have a bit of experience with the Triumph stuff, which I've heard people inclined to Tuneboy before, so reach out if you have questions about that?
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

It's being used on a Ducati 848 EVO. Now that I'm done with race fairings, safety wire, timing belts, routine maintenance, exhaust valve delete etc etc... I did finally get to messing around with tuning yesterday. Accessing and reflashing the ECU are all pretty straightforward. I haven't messed around with data logging yet, but that seems easy too, as does altering base maps. My hang up now is that I don't know where to run the signal wires from my wideband controller so that Tuneboy can read and process the signal. It's commonly done, Tuneboy sells a kit for it, but they were sold out and Wayne said the kit was a generic LC-2 that goes to the stock harness. He told me where to wire it in to get power, but not where to run the signal wires. My guess is that I run the signal wire to the stock narrowband O2 sensor signal lead wire rather than directly to the OBD2 harness used by the Tuneboy kit, but I don't know that for sure.

If anyone knows the answer to that I can start data logging my AFR and adjusting the fuel tables. Anyone wired in a wideband controller with Tuneboy software before WITHOUT the WiFi tuneboy controller?