Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer View Post
I think that bike is sufficiently similar to mine that I can comment. Do you know the history of the bike?

Personally, I'd do some of the usual stuff (oil (including filter & screen), air filter, suspension fluids & seals, coolant, clutch & brake fluids, brake pads, chain & sprockets) and probably consider looking at the clutch.

Inspecting & maybe replacing the cam belts would be a good thing if they haven't been recently.

Just some thoughts ..

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. The bike has really low mileage, I bought it from Fay Myer's and from what I can tell it was used as someone's playtoy but has never seen a racetrack. I have a few of the typical parts on order right now for maintenance, including the cam belts, and will be giving the full tuneup and safety check regimen before I hit the track. I'm also throwing on race fairings, spare tank, upgrading the front pads, and getting a tune to eliminate a flat spot in the torque curve, so that's all the stuff I have planned.

I believe the 2012 has upgraded main bearings and rod bolts, from what I've read... is there anything critical you'd recommend looking at as a common failure point?