View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of the Bylaw changes round 2?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve

17 39.53%
  • Disapprove

26 60.47%

Thread: MRA bylaws changes round 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Amateur Jim Brewer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttleroller277 View Post
    You could have one person that wants to Run for the said Board Position, and then he convinces someone else "new to the club" (that no one knows anything about them) to simply get nominated for the position, knowing that the second person would not get voted in, therefor forcing the existing Board Member to step down, and winning an election by default of the Bylaws, rather than a true vote of Choice by the members including the existing Board Member.
    Jeff's spot on here. In fact the person running for the board position could win without a vote by him/herself nominating someone else who they know would bow out.

No matter how many people you say it'd take to disqualify a termed out member (my rochambeau joke), a small group of people could bypass the election process and take over a board position.

The more I thought about it overnight, the more I'm convinced that any form of forced term limits creates a gateway to an organized corruption attack. Can someone convince me it wouldn't?
    Last edited by Jim Brewer; April 17th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.